Braxton

Westone ES2

I have read quite a number of reviews about ES2,so i am just curious about is there any ES2 user here in Singapore.

I found out that there are actually alot of artists in USA using it,and they are very satisfied.

Was wondering why is it that ES2 cost much more than UM2 although both are dual drivers,it is because that ES2 is made to custom our ears and the earmolds are fixed to the earphone.And heard from Wilson that,ES2 is technically better than UM2 as it is customised.

And i had just ordered a set of it from Wilson today,decided to take the plunge and spend the money on ES2.

Of course,all of these had went through alot of thinking due to the cost. :mellow:

Edited by Braxton

' date='27 Jul 2006, 08:25 PM' post='71337']

Oh, if u check out the macusers.sg forums, well there are some who are using the ES2.

ES2 = UM2 + custom earmolds IMO.

But I may be wrong, anyone beg to differ/

Do share with us a review when u get those.

Thanks!

You're almost right as they uses the same drivers but its drivers position are different and have twin bore, so there ARE differences. There're other differences but these are what I remember from conversation with Westone's headfi rep.

I also want to listen to a ES2. :P I like to think that my UM2 is a ES2 but unfortunately, it isn't! :lol:

Braxton, congrats on your ES2 purchase. But I've read that it is really sensitive and careful pairing of amps/player is essential.

Edited by afbug

oh Braxton i was reading up on custom earmolds (UM56) and inevitably ended up reading about full customs. the ES2 especially, since i love the UM2 type of sound.

i did get my ear impressions taken and paid for the UM56...but was secretly dreaming of the ES2 the whole time.

hehe and now i came in a see a thread like this. yes please tell us how much did it cost you...i only hope it's way too expensive for me to go that route too heh.

That's quite a lot, especially for a UM2 alike model. I'm guessing around $800-$1000. The UE10 Pros go for about US$950, so I don;t expect these customs to go over U$D600-700.

"Braxton, congrats on your ES2 purchase. But I've read that it is really sensitive and careful pairing of amps/player is essential."

No,i haven't get hold of it,just by ordering,Wilson said that it might takes a month to receive it.

"may I ask roughly how much you blew on these?"

"How much does your's cost ~"

I have deposited 200 bucks first,will pay the full amount when i receive it.Might be selling my UM2 after i get hold of ES2.Or maybe,i will keep UM2,see how is it first.

"Also for the ES1 single drivers, how much does it cost?"

I guess,should be around USD75 more than the price of UM2.

UM2: USD299 ES1: USD375

Got it from http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/westone.html

Hopefully,ES2 performs well than E500 which is a triple driver :P

Edited by Braxton

"Oh, if u check out the macusers.sg forums, well there are some who are using the ES2."

Did you spell the link correctly?Because it seems that my browser is unable to display the page.

Thanks!

' date='28 Jul 2006, 04:30 AM' post='71394']

It was related somewhere in viix_haven's post on his review @ macusers.org/forums.

Yup thanks for pointing that out siriuz.

An ES2 huh..

afbug cant try lar, the custom earmold + driver = one piece.

Unless we buy it for ourselves, we can never test the sound.

Any MOs? :P

Yeah,the ES2 is customised to you and you are the only one to use it. So once i get hold and paid for it,that's it,forever it shall stick with me.Few years down the road,either i put it one side for another pair of better performance IEM (hard to say) or i throw it away (IMPOSSIBLE)!OR if i ever found some audiophile whose ear canals are the same as mine,i shall sell it to him (Doesn't mean i am an audiophile,at least) :yawn:

What are MOs? :mellow:

Edited by Braxton

errr wow thats quite ex?

i was hoping for something cheaper. oh well at least i can stop dreaming of these for the time being. perhaps they would make a nice birthday present next year.

or a nice graduation present in time to come. hehe i sure have lots of excuses to splurge.

Edited by rkivie

Willing to splurge on ES2 because i have read alot of reviews about it which the people from some forum said that it sounds alot better than UM2,and the pricing range is a different of hundreds bucks,which is the reason why i had to give it a thought carefully whether to get it.There are surely reasons why there is a alot of difference in price. Alot of ang moh well known singers are using it too,i believe it would be great if i am owning something even better than UM2 :P

As Wilson said: "Customised are always better" :cans:

Edited by Braxton