Braxton

Westone ES2

Yup, Wilson's really nice...I was there for about 2+ hours yesterday. Had a great time listening in on all the stuff that various customers were talking about. Saw Braxton make his ear impressions - quite an interesting procedure ;)

Must post review with pics so that we can all salivate over them, k? :))

Must post review with pics so that we can all salivate over them, k? :))

Sure,will try to take the pictures after i got them.

Finally,after weeks,i've gotten my precious ES2!!!

And when uncle Wilson told me that Westone had forgotten to embedded the design on it,i was like :bash:

How could they forgot about that?!

Well,uncle Wilson said that he will liase with Westone and see how. (But i think should be no problem since the fault lies with Westone :grin: )

But i do not have a camera,and my v3I sucks in camera quality.Pardon me for bad pictures taken.

The Westone Deluxe Case :))

[attachmentid=3552]

The layout

[attachmentid=3555]

And finally,my precious ES2! :cans:

[attachmentid=3554]

And finally,Wilson was told by Westone to ask me send back my ES2 again so that they can put on the design. :bash:

I need more time to explore it as i can only listen to one side of the earpiece at work -_-

Give me sometime to write a simple impression of ES2,not an audiophile,not familiar with those sound terms like 'mid-range',etc.So hope you guys do not expect a long review about it :P

post-2530-1156189674.jpg

post-2530-1156189816.jpg

post-2530-1156189843.jpg

Congratulations on the arrival of your long awaited 'phones :D

In fact, I was the 2nd person in Singapore to see them, after Wilson of course! I happened to walk into the shop yesterday afternoon just as he was unwrapping the package :P

They sure look nice. Please write about your impressions :P

Guest joi-ful

Seems quite cool. Doesn't excite me as much as the rest though. After trying out Grado's, IEMs kinda made me wanna puke. lol....

Hope you enjoy it though!

*defensively* That's only because of the fact that you haven't tried customs :P

I belong to team IEMs for the convenience they bring, with some good sound, though there are some problems, especially with soundstaging. Well, they are still better than earbuds.

Edited by aaron-xp

Congrats on your new toy. But the feeling is sucky eh? So close yet so far. Can hold in your hands but have to send it back soon. You should :bash: Westone! How do you like the sound? Vs UM2, how is it?

Edited by afbug

lol i have been waiting for these to arrive too hehe.

will you please please please take a few pictures of yourself with them on? i havent managed to find any of those online, head-fi or elsewhere...so i'll be extremely grateful for that =)

and btw, can i ask if the ES2 has the memory wires?

yoz , uncle wilson ... this is some super big ticket item , how to MO sia ? alot of cash is onvolved and the pricing is already very scary for one unit liao leh ...

Seems quite cool. Doesn't excite me as much as the rest though. After trying out Grado's, IEMs kinda made me wanna puke. lol....

Hope you enjoy it though!

Have you tried any of the IEM?

Congrats on your new toy. But the feeling is sucky eh? So close yet so far. Can hold in your hands but have to send it back soon. You should :bash: Westone! How do you like the sound? Vs UM2, how is it?

UM2 sounds abit 'vague' compares to ES2,imagine UM2 is like a pair of speakers with a blanket covered on it,you'll get the idea.Though both models are dual drivers,it's just the different positions which the drivers sit and that makes alot of sound difference!

And yeah,ES2 is sensitive ,do not have the need to turn the volume high just to listen more detaily,like my Creative Zen:M,the max volume is 25,i only need to turn up to between 13 to 15 (or even lower) :cans:

Isolation wise,it's very good,though it never block out 100% surrounding noise,still,it managed to block out 80% (or more) of it! I can just sleep on the bus with ES2 on without the disturbance of the bus engine :lol: .And when i was waiting for bus,i tried to see whether how much noise i could hear from a motorcycle passing by,well,it was like a bee buzzing around you or even softer!

I need more time to compare between UM2 and ES2.Shall explore more during weekends.