Sign in to follow this  
wickedweasel

um1 or ms1?

Wickedweasel... there was a time i did consider the built of the earphones before buying. My first IEMs were between the UM1 and the ER6i. I personally prefered the sounds of the ER6i but ended up with the UM1 in the end due to it's better pricing and quality built. Now i'm living in regret. Earphones are ultimately meant for the ears afterall. If you'd buy something lasting than you're to enjoy, it's as good as prolonging your misery. I'd rather have earphones or cans that doesn't last but still give me the short period of enjoyment and good memories. I'm pretty much decieving myself to like the UM1 for what it is. I can't. I should have bought the Etymotics and applied more care to them. The same should go for you too if you do consider the MS1. Buy what's good for the ears and take care of them.

well said, listen to your ears, not your wallet~

No no...

listen to the earphones, trust you ears then feel your wallet.

If it doesn't feel right, go home fill your wallet again. Go back another day.

Best said. Nuff' said.

Hi there, Welcome to Sghead!!!,

I would suggest u to try the MS-1 at jaben if you are using it in your house.

The UM1 is more for outdoor use as all other iems so my recommendation to u:

Ms-1! Also all Grado headphone's have gd quality so I would not worry abt whether its easy

to break or not.

let your ears be the judge. U can drop by Jaben to audition it yourself and Uncle

Wilson there's gonna give u a good price. :D:D

Have to admit i din think of this point...Penny wise, pound foolish...will bear this in mind.

Both are good in their own uses. If you need the sound isolation then go with the UM1, if not its definately the MS1s. The UM1 does sound a bit muffled, i agree...