Sign in to follow this  
yoshiki

amps to recommend

my dad recently bought a 5.0 speaker set. salesperson told him to need at least 120watts per channel to power up the speakers..

any recommendations? be it brand new or used if any1 is selling..

having quite a low budget here..

Correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt u need a AV amp to drive 5 speakers at one go?

You can consider Rotel, NAD, Adcom.

any particular models in mind? but the brands you recommend like not very low budget.. budget is only about $500..

as for the speakers.. its pure acoustics, yes it may be all about the scam and stuff.. but we shall not go into that for now..

Hi yoshiki,

you can just settle for a cheap entry level Marantz or Yamaha AV Receiver. Think should be around your budget. Should have no problems driving your pure acoustics.

Give KEC a call at 65643188 or go on down to Adelphi to have a listen. Alternatively, you can source for 2nd hand ones at echoloft or xtremeplace forums.

Best of luck on your purchase.

currently found yamaha rxv359 and 459.. after buying this still got to find funds to buy a whole system for my own room.. sigh..

currently found yamaha rxv359 and 459.. after buying this still got to find funds to buy a whole system for my own room.. sigh..

Well, save up and go slow...it is better to upgrade slowly and get better components one or two at a time than to squeeze your every last cent to buy all at one shot and end up not liking something and needing to upgrade.

Good luck on your upcoming purchases!

Well, save up and go slow...it is better to upgrade slowly and get better components one or two at a time than to squeeze your every last cent to buy all at one shot and end up not liking something and needing to upgrade.

Good luck on your upcoming purchases!

thanks askl2000.. but still have alot to learn about sound systems man.. alot of specs and technical data to understand and how it affects the sound output..