Sign in to follow this  
zhapchit

What gear do you bring when you travel?

Just a bit curious..

when you travel overseas, be it for leisure or for a business trip, what gear do you bring along with you?

Cans? IEMs? portable amps? PCDP? etc.

IEMs/iPod/portable amplifier - used on the flight

PSP - gaming to kill time

Cans - the MS-Pro

smartphone - Treo 650 with a large pile of novels/Text files, I can't live without

last but not least, and chargers :lol:

Wah, yotiao, you are one well equiped traveller. In my flights to US, I found a 256MB MP3 player with IEMs were sufficient. After a few hours, I could start from the beginning again without being bored.

But I spent most of the time sleeping, so I won't get jet lag as I travel for work and have to hit the ground running. The IEM and music helps me to sleep.

haha agree.. yotiao will never be bored while travelling.

I don't bring any. Being overseas can keep me entertained already. While in planes, by the time it reach cruising speed and height, I'm already asleep! The cabin pressure sure makes me zzZzz despite all the noise and din. Pretty cabin girls also cannot keep me awake. :P I even miss food times as I was sound asleep. But to KL, 45mins, only, cannot sleep.

The only time I bring a music player overseas is during overseas ICT. Bring my trusty Sony radio and K14P or MX400 and even so, seldom listen as I'll be busy playing cards with friends. :blush:

PSP - time killer and to challenge anyone in sight range

laptop - time killer as well

phone - communication

camera - momentos

GPS receiver - for geocaching

universal adaptors - all converting purposes

Surge protectors - avoid getting killed during brown-outs

music player - Zen Xtra >> UM2 ( killed )

Wah, yotiao, you are one well equiped traveller. In my flights to US, I found a 256MB MP3 player with IEMs were sufficient. After a few hours, I could start from the beginning again without being bored.

But I spent most of the time sleeping, so I won't get jet lag as I travel for work and have to hit the ground running. The IEM and music helps me to sleep.

I don't bring any. Being overseas can keep me entertained already. While in planes, by the time it reach cruising speed and height, I'm already asleep! The cabin pressure sure makes me zzZzz despite all the noise and din. Pretty cabin girls also cannot keep me awake. :P I even miss food times as I was sound asleep. But to KL, 45mins, only, cannot sleep.

well, I couldn't sleep much, not that I don't like to sleep, but just couldn't get asleep. :verysad:

well, I couldn't sleep much, not that I don't like to sleep, but just couldn't get asleep. :verysad:

I have a foolproof way to ensure minimal jetlag and also to get a good sleep on the plane. First don't sleep the night before the flight (USA flight usually around 6-7am) and then when on the plane, don't watch the movies, just sleep and sleep. On American airlines, they got old planes, no individual screens anyway, not much fun to watch. So can sleep lah. :P Oh yeah, must also psyche self to visualise self on a big bus and all those turbulences are just bumps on the road, so no anxiety about flying. :))

IEMs/iPod/portable amplifier - used on the flight

PSP - gaming to kill time

Cans - the MS-Pro

smartphone - Treo 650 with a large pile of novels/Text files, I can't live without

last but not least, and chargers :lol:

PSP - time killer and to challenge anyone in sight range

laptop - time killer as well

phone - communication

camera - momentos

GPS receiver - for geocaching

universal adaptors - all converting purposes

Surge protectors - avoid getting killed during brown-outs

music player - Zen Xtra >> UM2 ( killed )

Gasp, you guys are really entertained while travelling, I guess... :P

^

Not really , not unless i bring my PS2 and XBox 360 along ... BWAHAHHAHA ...

Transportable set-up wih car battery + mini-LCD screen?

Mine are: iAudio U3 + Shure E4G

And/or

Nintendo DS + Castlevania DS for animation studies (Alucard's 2D sprite still remains the best animated sprite in the video gaming world as of today) w/ Megaman Zero in the sub-slot.

Gameboy Advance SP + wireless adapter w/ Pokemon Emerald/Sapphire/Fire Red/Leaf Green in case I meet anyone else for a trade/challenge.

^

Not really , not unless i bring my PS2 and XBox 360 along ... BWAHAHHAHA ...

Transportable set-up wih car battery + mini-LCD screen?

Mine are: iAudio U3 + Shure E4G

And/or

Nintendo DS + Castlevania DS for animation studies (Alucard's 2D sprite still remains the best animated sprite in the video gaming world as of today) w/ Megaman Zero in the sub-slot.

Gameboy Advance SP + wireless adapter w/ Pokemon Emerald/Sapphire/Fire Red/Leaf Green in case I meet anyone else for a trade/challenge.

:blink: ... HOLY MACARONI ~ Those are ancient !!!