Sign in to follow this  
fallraen

Ultimate Ears IEMs

what do you guys think of the ue super.fi 3 studio as a 'fun' earphone? i'm using um2 with custom molds currently for monitoring and listening to music. was thinking of getting a spare set, also a fun set on days when i want something different.

no one has ideas on this?

i read about xtrememac/future sonics FS1 and they do sound impressive. anyone haas a set and has reviews/comments on them?

no one has ideas on this?

i read about xtrememac/future sonics FS1 and they do sound impressive. anyone haas a set and has reviews/comments on them?

i read abt it sometime ago... it seems to be a little muddy... there is mid bump if i'm not wrong...

what do you guys think of the ue super.fi 3 studio as a 'fun' earphone? i'm using um2 with custom molds currently for monitoring and listening to music. was thinking of getting a spare set, also a fun set on days when i want something different.

I think it would be perfect for a fun earphone. I would say it is pretty much on par with the um1S.

I just got SuperFi 5 Pro today, and I completely agree with fallraen comment. I definitely prefer the sound of this compared to UM2. But still I cannot really compared SuperFi with Etymotics since ety has a completely different sound signature. And yes, the bass of SuperFi is quite nice, tight, much tighter and more defined than UM2, but still not as good as the bass of my sensaphonics. :) but pretty close, it's like subwoover in your head yeah!

Edited by jlingo

i had the super 5 pro, but i had to return it due to comfort issues. they felt ok when i was listening to them at the shop. but when i took them home and used them for extended periods, while lying down, etc, they didnt feel very comfortable anymore.

i have since gotten the um2 and i can happily say that the um2 is unsurpassed in terms of comfort among the high end iems.

i oso find the 5 pro nicer sounder than the UM2

sigh....

i found more clarity and details and tiny bit better soundstaging in the 5 pro

wat the UM2 has is nicer bass (don't know how to describe :lol:)

i like the super-fi 5 pro better overall~

' date='19 Aug 2006, 12:08 AM' post='74374']

i had the super 5 pro, but i had to return it due to comfort issues. they felt ok when i was listening to them at the shop. but when i took them home and used them for extended periods, while lying down, etc, they didnt feel very comfortable anymore.

i have since gotten the um2 and i can happily say that the um2 is unsurpassed in terms of comfort among the high end iems.

Well, you naughty boy.

You should have done some research!!?!

There was this thread about swapping the left headphone cable to the right driver and vice versa, and well, that seemed to improve sound, comfort alot! :grin:

You're a UM guy, and u like the UM2.

Great for you, any UM56s along the way?

hehe yes i'm a Westone man. got my UM56 le. still trying to get used to them though. they are nowhere near as comfortable as i thought they would be. but i'll give them some time.

and no amount of research can tell you how comfy the phones are mah...until you try for yourself. besides, there were not alot of UE around here then. and surely you must know that reviews on head-fi are usually guilty of hyperbole. there are more than a handful of folks there who will attest to the SF5P comfort level.

Edited by rkivie