aaron-xp

Beginner headphone amplifers

LOL

Thanks for bumping the other thread.

So you never did use that hammond casing to fit your board? It's going to be a tight fit... but i think i can work it...

Panel would have audio in, audio out and the volume pot cum on/off switch. Would also be tight...

Was thinking of bypassing the LM6171, c3-7 and setting up the board to use only 1 opa2134 and removing the led to cut a little on power... :)

Major rewiring. lol

Maybe even use a new stripboard for that stripped down ver.

Edited by pegasus21

I would agree on point 2. I never built the prototype with a "casing" and end up this way.... :P

If a pot is needed then the stereo jack have to shift to the side, making it ugly. My bad. :bash:

Thanks on the point 4. Luckily I still have a proper casing.

I just case a CMOY2 for a fellow forumer using the specified case. It's a really tight fit. I had to cut out the pillars which is supposed to hold the screws to hold the pcb down. I removed all the top and bottom pillars ( for the pcb screws, not for the other half!!). Connected the pot off the pcb and it all fitted with a little luck. So it can be done. Too bad, I did not document it. Maybe the forumer who have it now will like to take pics of it, cos I forgot to do it.

Thinking of a simplified design that uses 2 x AA. Then it'll use a MAX619 or MAX1642 to step up the voltage to 5Vp-p and it'll be used as the V+ and V- of a single AD8066 chip.

I'm sure it'll be more distorted compared to the cmoy 2 and maybe even the cmoy... but if just might work. Need to get the chips to test out...

Thinking of a simplified design that uses 2 x AA. Then it'll use a MAX619 or MAX1642 to step up the voltage to 5Vp-p and it'll be used as the V+ and V- of a single AD8066 chip.

I'm sure it'll be more distorted compared to the cmoy 2 and maybe even the cmoy... but if just might work. Need to get the chips to test out...

Err, someone seems to have done this before. With a 3V opamp.

Was thinking of bypassing the LM6171, c3-7 and setting up the board to use only 1 opa2134 and removing the led to cut a little on power...

Use OPA134 lol, single opamp IC. No need to cut trace.

LOL. Thinking of using MAX chips to step up the voltage to 5v to support the op-amps.

I don't think it's as simple as just using the OPA134 since the pin out description don't match for the 2op-amps to single op-amp. You'll still have to move the traces. Looks like my battery operated one will be a complete redesign so it'll be better to start from scratch... my home ver will be the default board design with hook up for ac.

Jason: btw, i think haruhi makes a nicer avatar. :)

Edited by pegasus21

Jason: btw, i think haruhi makes a nicer avatar. :)

Nah, I still prefer Kyon. Suzumiya Haruhi's madness is told at the view of Kyon.