Sign in to follow this  
red

Need advice (Grado/Alessandro )

Hi,

I'm new to this hobby, using SR80 now and planing for an upgrade. My budget is in a range of a new SR225 or used SR325i or MS2i. I love the sound of SR80.

Please advice.

Thanks for reading :))

Cheers.

Edited by red

In this "hobby" (I'd rather call it Addiction LOL), no one can give the best advice other than yourself.

Bring your source down and try them at MBD (adelphi) Stereo (Causeway Point) for the Grados and Jaben (adelphi) for the MS2i.

:holiday:

Edited by viix

if u like the brightness den u follow the Grados line.

if u prefer sumthing more neutral and natural sounding.. that will be ms2i

I know i need to follow my ears, but when i got my SR80 from SE, in fact i cant feel the different between SR60/80/125!

Had pretty much the same problem when auditioning bigger headphones...

If you think that an upgrade is not worth the money, then choose not to buy, after all, don't let peer pressure get you.

CORRECT! If you head on down for an audition, and feel that the more expensive phones don't sound better to you, then do not be "pressured" to buy them because of what sgheadphone forummers say. Most important is personal enjoyment.

Headphone is a personal love affair between you and the music. Buy one than let's you enjoy the music. No point spending too much on something that gives you 1% improvement of music from your current grado sr60 right! Only when you music taste has developed, and when bigger phones do make a difference, then it would be time to invest.

Finally went down to Jaben on Sun, listen hard, find that the improvement over SR80 is worth the money and got myself MS2I. Saw a few of you guys but didn't get your names.

Now burning in on my XLO burn-in cd :grin:

And Uncle Wilson is indeed friendly.

Appreciate for all your advice, now saving up for next project - Amp!

Cheers.

Edited by red

You're somewhat in the same boat as me. I'm in the midst of getting parts to build my amp. BTW, how much is the XLO and where can I get one from?

Thanks.

BTW, how much is the XLO and where can I get one from?

Thanks.

Around 35 bucks; available at New Disc Village, Aldelphi, or Gramophone outlets.

Not sure what XLO stands for, but it is an audiophile disc with audio tones and music meant for burning in your phones. It exercises the drivers and system by generating specific current for magnetising/demagnetising IIRC..