Sign in to follow this  
Exloser

Noob needs help.

currently own a px100 with psp as the source. But because px100 has poor isolation, im tinking of gettin an um1 or d-jays or sf3. Test um1 and d-jays several times with zen micro ( my beloved mp3 that has went to another dimension ) at SE, even with EQ, the sound of um1 and d-jay are not as good as px100. Maybe becoz not use to the tight bass and cant hear the bass guitar clearly. But love their isolation.

What portable amp and good cables like ultimate links helps improve the bass and treble extention of Um1/d-jays/sf3? or other portable combo for these iems? Im a person who dun like jazz, slow rocks (sorry, lovers of these genre).

If you feel all the abovementioned products differ greatly from your current PX100 and not to your liking, in your case, a different cable and amp will not turn things around albeit the difference can be narrowed.

Maybe you should just look at PX200, which is a closed back design and offers superior isolation over the open back PX100.

The cups of the PX200 do not cover the whole ear, so the supposedly "isolation" is iffy at best. :P Add to that the sound is inferior to the PX100 and it costs MORE EXPENSIVE to boot, makes it a poor value, IMO. I own both the PX100 and PX200 :P

And yes, the PX100 is a very bassy & "dark" can, but the bass of UM1 is tighter and better defined, so to some it may sound a little lean compared to the PX100.

Hmm, had the px100 like 4 years ago. Remember that the PX100 was the "best" headphone I've heard in the under $100 category. Comparing to my current k81s, the k81 seems to have 1.6x more forward, emphasised bass. Seems like it has a very strong midbass where the px100 were more shy. Prefered the bass on the px100 but the k81 beats the px100 in everything else.. I getting to love my k81djs more and more for portable usage unamped.. :cans:

But k81djs is too small for me.. I put it on.. the can onli cover half of my ears..

any recommendation for good isolation cans or iems with clarity and bass extension?

I had the px200. The isolation was pretty good. Haven't heard the px100 so I can't tell you if the px200 is really that much worst in response. A problem I've noticed is that px200 pads will degrade to a quality where they come off... Mine did after about 2 odd years of constant usage. The isolation will wear out first... So maybe the px200 isn't a good choice.

I'm on ms1 atm. No isolation but the quality of the sound is far superior to px200.

Try the Sennheiser HD205.

A coursemate of mine has it. Isolation's decent and its got big bass if that's what you want.

is ms1 comfortable? no point wear something tt hurts.. :no:

but those cans u all mention( sennheiser hd212 pro/ ms1) is not good for portability. would be weird to carry ard as hardly see people wear headphones other than px200.

hai~ moreover, singapore's weather is so hot.. :dance:

btw, any musicians here? what iem or headphone do u wear when u playing instruments (especially drummers)? :band:

i think k81 is not for all people.. like me with big head.. :blush: cannot wear it.. so pitiful for me tt i cant heard from this beauty... tested it at se.. i tink aron told me tt one of the cons about k81 is the length of its headband..

is ms1 comfortable? no point wear something tt hurts.. :no:

but those cans u all mention( sennheiser hd212 pro/ ms1) is not good for portability. would be weird to carry ard as hardly see people wear headphones other than px200.

hai~ moreover, singapore's weather is so hot.. :dance:

btw, any musicians here? what iem or headphone do u wear when u playing instruments (especially drummers)? :band:

I was a drummer with the Yamaha Comtemporary years ago. I own a kit at home with a drum room. I used to put on the Sony headphone (forgot the model, gave away to my friend). Now i'm on my Super.fi 5 Pro because that is my only high-end IEM for now. Personally i don't like to play with headphones because it's not a very sturdy snug on the head. But very true, headphones give a better reproduction through the mixer.

I use the HD 212 Pro on my guitar amplifiers when i'm on guitars. Not too bad.