Sign in to follow this  
kross

We now have only 8 planets now!

:)):))

I thought it was because pluto went to join mickey mouse and donald duck. (THE TRAITOR!!!!) <_<

Okay... not funny....

hmm..well, pluto was sort of 'out of specs' to begin with. It is not as big as the rest of the eight planets, its orbital path is weird and its moon is also about half its size iirc..so well...either we stick to eight planets and less changes or get more and more planets on the list as we discover more far away 'dwarf planets'.

it juz kind of stupid to me...dwarf planets... den other "normal planet shld be call giant planets and together, everyone is call planets... mess up my memory... now muz edit... haha

ah..it is heartening to see so many people interested in astronomy... :D

well, there are potential other planets waiting to be discovered elsewhere so maybe they feel that it is time to redefine things...

ah..it is heartening to see so many people interested in astronomy... :D

well, there are potential other planets waiting to be discovered elsewhere so maybe they feel that it is time to redefine things...

Kuiper Belts(not sure if its spelled like this) has many other rocks that had not been discover. There's another piece of rock that bigger than Pluto which is forgotten what they name it, so maybe another 50 or 60 years time we might find more dwarf planet and bigger chucks of floating icy rock in the kuiper Belt or even further.

Edited by Mr47

Did anyone watch the documentary on CNA on Sunday?

Xena is the one in the Kuiper belt which is larger than Pluto, but it revolves around the sun in a slightly different plane, making the solar system more of a sphere than 2D circle.