Sign in to follow this  
yotiao

New toy

:DD Omg, Yotiao, lovely DAC you've got there....And I your equipments are really :thumbup: Btw, do post more impressions of the DAC!

Right out of the box it's far more resolving, transparent, and not warm. Comparing with DAC1, The DAC3 isn't the microscope that the DAC1 is. The DAC3 is all about "macro-detail"; the big picture, the gestalt of the music, rather than "micro-detail". That's not to say the DAC3 are blurry, insensitive, or un-detailed. It does a fine job at providing resolution.

And I also found that the DAC3 has analog-like sound which was very pleasurable to the extreme, it was more smooth sounding and 'organic', it was not analytical-sounding by any means. I leave it on every day and it's over 100 hours already, still running in but the sound hasn't changed all that much from the abovementioned impressions..

Hi Yotiao,

Since you have gotten the DAC, what are you using as the transport for it? :unsure:

With that kind of budget, you could have a lot of choices for a CDP, perhaps a Wadia 302?

Will be looking at the CEC TL0X, :drool: Nah, just kidding I can't afford it. Will be auditioning the CEC TL51X when stocks arrive. But currently am very happy with the squeezebox 3 as the digital transport, better sounding than my xray now and very convenience to use too, don't think I will really need a 'dedicated' CD transport :grin:

Don't know why, I don't like the one box solution. YMMV. I could use the USB dac with my computer also, I am more into PC hifi for the convenience, :grin:

OT.

Found you use the same mouse as mine. :thumbup:

Ok. :b2t

Bought it for over $90 two years back, now it's going for only $30, :ppth:

yup, a tweak on the HA-2, haha. But I removed it already. :blush:

Another impression with the DAC3, it's a little lean at the bass compartment, less emphasized at the midbass and slightly leaner and tighter and better controlled. Also in comparison with DAC1, the DAC3 is not edgy at all. (On a side note, the GS1000 is driven straight out of the 0 Ohm headphone jack of Corda HA2, amazingly superb comfort unlike other Grados driven out of 0 Ohm with Corda, and better synergy than earmax pro, in my setup).

Hmmm, I been thinking of getting the Squeezebox 3 as well so that I could have a setup based around my comp....At first I was thinking of the electrocompanient CDP but now I may have second thoughts and try the Bel Canto instead....And OMG!! I need an amp...I want back that Earmax that I threw away :cry:

Hmmm, I been thinking of getting the Squeezebox 3 as well so that I could have a setup based around my comp....At first I was thinking of the electrocompanient CDP but now I may have second thoughts and try the Bel Canto instead....And OMG!! I need an amp...I want back that Earmax that I threw away :cry:

WHere did you throw the earmax?? :grin:

Go for the Squeezebox 3, its internal DAC is decent and good for the time being, you can just use its analog out to an amplifier and a linear power supply, this can last you for sometime (hopefully) :grin:. I am sure you will be spoilt by the convenience using SB3. Upgrade slowly and add in the external DAC. I have not upgrade the power supply for squeezebox yet, still waiting for effective audio to make one for me with the new voltage regulators -_-

to save your trouble, go for the full-sized CDP, such as Wadia 302 as suggested above. :rolleyes:

' date='5 Sep 2006, 11:27 PM' post='77285']

[OT Warning:]

You threw it away?!?! :doh:

What happened? :shocking:

Cause I was new to this hobby at that time and the RCA connectors broke off...Thinking that there was no way to solder them back, I left them there...And in the end, I threw them away... :bash: That was a stupid act...

Go for the Squeezebox 3, its internal DAC is decent and good for the time being, you can just use its analog out to an amplifier and a linear power supply, this can last you for sometime (hopefully) :grin:. I am sure you will be spoilt by the convenience using SB3. Upgrade slowly and add in the external DAC. I have not upgrade the power supply for squeezebox yet, still waiting for effective audio to make one for me with the new voltage regulators -_-

to save your trouble, go for the full-sized CDP, such as Wadia 302 as suggested above. :rolleyes:

But thinking about it, I'll most probably listen to my music when I'am at my comp...Unless I get the CDplayer rack into my room, I won't have a place to place it...