Sign in to follow this  
naglfar

Sennheiser CX300

Hi there, I bought a cx300 when I sent my ER4P->S for repairs. While the microphonics were greatly reduced, I found the sound a huge step down. In part it was also because they don't seal as well. I haven't heard other canalphones in the same price range but think that IMHO, cx300 wasn't a huge step up from cheaper phones such as mx500 but that's me. YMMV tho : )

Oh yes, I have seen it available for about $110 (can't remember if it's ebay.com.sg or yahoo auctions tho)

tested out the creative 630 , sennheiser CX300 and audio technica CK7 today at comex. i have a pair of sony EX71.

least comfortable: CK7 (heaviest)

most comfortable: EX71

weakest amplification: EX71

best value for money: creative

most balanced sound: CX300

beefiest sound: creative

i tested all the phones with my iaudio U3 to even the playing field.

I'll have to disagree.

The ck7 is the most comfortable when wore over the ears. It reduces the weight and since it's small, it is most comfortable.

I did not test the cx300 before, but i feel ck7 has stronger bass.

Thanks to all for the insightful feedback. The 630 is selling for $38 at Comex, so for that money, I figure I'll go get a pair anyway. I might still end up getting the CX300 as I have a friend working at Sennheiser, so I'll be able to get them at a reduced price :)

UM1 sounds very appealing, but a little over my budget....

heh heh, yupz...the Creatives do have a 'fuller' sound because the bass is much more up front, whilst some may find the AT sound too 'sharp' (relatively) Though the Sennheisers do sound decent, for the price (even at S$110) I still find the tag a little hard to swallow. I resisted the temptation to get the Senns and saved up for the UM1s instead :thumbup: Best earphone decision I ever made, though hearing the UM2s had left me yearning for even more :P

tested out the creative 630 , sennheiser CX300 and audio technica CK7 today at comex. i have a pair of sony EX71.

least comfortable: CK7 (heaviest)

most comfortable: EX71

weakest amplification: EX71

best value for money: creative

most balanced sound: CX300

beefiest sound: creative

i tested all the phones with my iaudio U3 to even the playing field.

CK7 is the heaviest if you wore it the normal and not the shure way.......

Wearing it over the ear would make you feel that you are wearing nothing and it is very comfortable that you might even fell asleep with it....

what is beefiest sound??

hmmm... are you considering headphones? cause headphones are quite worth the buy with their cost. yup. maybe you should check out some headphones?

Value to performance wise, good and reputable headphones are always better than IEMs of the similar sound category.

What you get out of IEMs is better isolation and portability, but that's about it.

CK7 is the heaviest if you wore it the normal and not the shure way.......

Wearing it over the ear would make you feel that you are wearing nothing and it is very comfortable that you might even fell asleep with it....

what is beefiest sound??

heavy could be coz i prefer over the head sort of phones. my head may be sturdier than my ears.

"beefy" as in very deep bass ... but a boomy sort of bass that envelopes the music.

hmmm... are you considering headphones? cause headphones are quite worth the buy with their cost. yup. maybe you should check out some headphones?

I already have a Grado SR60, and I use those for serious listening. For the money I paid, I'm very happy with my Grados. The in-ear pieces are for mainly for travelling to work, bus or mrt - I need the noise isolation. Anyway, I bought the 630 today at the comex. I'll need to burn-in those before I can make any conclusion. But they sounded pretty good, for $38!

yup. i bought the k81 and found it fantastic! for IEMs, i only tried shure e2c and cresyn. found that they lose out to the headphones a lot. yup. so you can consider headphones? they're good.