Sign in to follow this  
haxyer

MO: Dark Voice 336i

Singapore is using 220v to 240v right ? All the little dot amps are 220v but maybe this one the design is different. can you give me the specific thread ?

I believe China is also using the same voltage as us and they have no issues.

Hi haxyer, its in page 30 of the link that jojo posted on this thread. It is post #595 where the manufacturer himself sent something to one of them...

What do you make of that??? Curious...

ok its true that it cannot be used. For the version that is usable in Singapore, the supplier is charging an extra SGD$70 which amounts to $390. It is very close to the price to another supplier of USD$290. I guess all are the same prices.

Let me know if you guys are still interested.

Another update: My supplier asked the manufacturer and he said that it will work using the china machines in Singapore 但是需要电压稳定,不要升高,如果升高就有危险。

Edited by haxyer

Actually for that price, its rather expensive. haxyer, what about the 110V version, can you get it at $320 shipped to Singapore, cos if you can, its more worth it to get that and buy a transformer to bring the voltage to 240V.

A transformer like that costs only $18 here... I know cos I bought one to charge a battery for a R/C car that I bought from the States...

My 2 cents.. What do the rest of the people think??

110v also $390 because its export version already. Only the machines made for China 220v is cheap. That is how the manufacturer price them

ok the darkvoice 336i china machines will work alright with 230v but cannot hit above 230v otherwise dangerous stuff will happen. So your power must be stable at 230v

but i check my mains, it seems to be 240v.

Edited by haxyer

Based on my limited experience, some places are getting 220v, some at 240v. Even 250v also. You got to check with a multimeter. Serangoon area where I live is currently at 240v, where I work I'm getting a stable 220v at tanjong pagar. In changi area also 220vAC. You'll have to test it out to check as I've only tested these area whilst setting up some lighting systems.

It all depends on the sub stations around your area I guess. So far my assumptions are that HDBs are standard 240v whislt private houses/offices will vary greatly.

Again, don't bother testing if you do not know how to safely test the sockets. It's quite dangerous.

Even if your area is 230vAC, you have to be careful of surges that might peak a dangerouse few volts more.

If confirm S$390, I try to scounge up enough dosh but is it worth it? Damn. I'm torn. Really want to get it. Ok la, what the heck, put me in for one. S$390 it is then.

OK.. just thinking out loud.. most electrical stuff are made to be able to withstand a range of voltages and the ones most commonly found here are usually labelled as 220V-240V.

Shouldn't the Darkvoice at 220V be similar, or is the dealer trying to pull a fast one and just earn some extra bucks by claiming that it does not work and needs to be modified where actually the 220V version will work here..

Sorry to think this way, but really curious, since most electrical appliances are labelled as 220V-240V and work perfectly here..

Anyone with technical expertise can shed some light here???

Edited by Tetsusaiga

a quick way I used when I was running tube amps was to use a variac. In fact, for the amps I used which had tubed power supply as well, I powered up at 100V, and over a period of half an hour to warm up the tubes moved the voltage up to 220V. I used a digital voltmeter connected to the variac. This schema will work, but may be too expensive for a $300 amp.