Sign in to follow this  
haxyer

MO: Dark Voice 336i

OK.. just thinking out loud.. most electrical stuff are made to be able to withstand a range of voltages and the ones most commonly found here are usually labelled as 220V-240V.

Shouldn't the Darkvoice at 220V be similar, or is the dealer trying to pull a fast one and just earn some extra bucks by claiming that it does not work and needs to be modified where actually the 220V version will work here..

Sorry to think this way, but really curious, since most electrical appliances are labelled as 220V-240V and work perfectly here..

Anyone with technical expertise can shed some light here???

Hi Tetsusaiga, you hit the nail on its head! I won't worry for that 10% increase in voltage, if we in general operate in 230V. :rclxms:

how now brown cow??? shall we be garang and just order the 220V one??

cos if LD2 at 220V runs fine, i dun see why Darkvoice needs to be special and needs modification...

Well, if you ask me... TO HELL WITH IT!! Lets get the 220V and if it blows IT BLOWS!!!! :P

Darkvoice baby, come to papa!

Hi Folks,

As haxyer will be enlisting, i will be taking over this interest check. I will contact supplier to re-confirm the prices with shipping cost.

I will stick to the supply voltage of 220V cos it does not justify to pay extra 30% for 10V difference. Anyway there is nothing wrong with my LD2+ that also runs on 220V.

Will keep you updated soon.

Cheers,

clemo

Edited by clemo

am i too late for the darkvoice MO ? if not count me in.

is it possible to ask if the designer does "special" upgrades and what options there are, if any ?

Hi metalgear,

This MO did not work out cos the shipping cost is high due to the weight of the amp.

Cheers,

clemo

Hi metalgear,

Can you live with the price of MYR1588 or SGD 720 for 336i? The bulk of that money goes to freight. Amp is 5.5kg plus 1.5kg for the wooden crate.

Anyway thats a Malaysian thread.

Cheers,

clemo