Sign in to follow this  
That dude

The UE 5 pros are dangerous

Whoa... Yesterday i was in the mrt, heading for ang mo kio, i took a train frm orchard. -_-

I was listening to the earphones and was so engrossed in the music, i forgot where i was heading and alighted at toa payo!! That little mistake caused me to be late for my meeting wid frens, and a treat was forced out of me for that. :bash:

THEN.... When i was going home, heading to redhill.... I alighted at city hall and transferd to the wrong train.. Realised onli when i reached Kallang!!! :blink:

OMG! those phones are dangerous.

any of u guys had the same experience? :lol:

Whoa... Yesterday i was in the mrt, heading for ang mo kio, i took a train frm orchard. -_-

I was listening to the earphones and was so engrossed in the music, i forgot where i was heading and alighted at toa payo!! That little mistake caused me to be late for my meeting wid frens, and a treat was forced out of me for that. :bash:

THEN.... When i was going home, heading to redhill.... I alighted at city hall and transferd to the wrong train.. Realised onli when i reached Kallang!!! :blink:

OMG! those phones are dangerous.

any of u guys had the same experience? :lol:

A few times when I was using the Senn CX300 :)) They blocked off the sound better than any earphone I used at that time. It also prevented me from hearing the announcements from the MRT :D

Remember one time I overshot Jurong East and winded up in Lakeside MRT. Only problem was that it was kinda late and that there was no more service going back to JE from Lakeside! Wounded up taking the taxi to CCK :))

How's the sound of the cx300? I was about to buy that but wounded up getting the ck7 instead. Any idea on the comparison?

got once,i was heading to Yishun but instead miss my stop and reached woodland instead........And most of the time Phone rang but i dont know about it....

after that incident i would most of the time use my ipod as a mirror to see which stop i am at or sit at a place that will let me have a good look on where the MRT is at.....

and i would ON my phone to silent mode with vibration ON since i won't be ablt to hear the ringtone and would be embrassing to have my phone ringing and not noticing it and disturb others.....

normally i don' try to take naps on the train if i'm wearing them.

i think maybe a few of us have been cranking the up volume a bit too high even though they are IEMs?

but in all, so far so good.....i've not missed a stop yet. :)) (walking on thin ice though)

lol dont worry that dude. another redhill fella like me is worse.

always miss my stops in mrt as i always push for the best fit using my ATH-CK7 with UE bi-flanges. (didnt bother to look for signs nor i can hear properly the announcements lol)

and also.. lol sumtimes i forgot to set my handphone to silent mode, i let it ring thru out my journey and got stares lol (was enjoying my music lol) *blush*

Edited by ahdui

Ya. the ck7 provide's quite a bit of isolation. I use them wid single flange ue tips. The bi-flanges gives me a hard time finding the sweetspot.

U have 2 shuffles? Can sell 1? lol. I tried to change my battery in my shuffle, the ribbon cable broke off... Now... it's dead

it happens every time i wearing these IEMs in MRT.

if u see some one in the train looking around nervously regularly every half min, it may be me then.

and i would ON my phone to silent mode with vibration ON since i won't be ablt to hear the ringtone and would be embrassing to have my phone ringing and not noticing it and disturb others.....

That's definitely a must when you use IEMs...

Never had the problem though... Since I alight at Bishan, taking the Jurong East bound train, there would always be light after the end of the tunnel, which would definitely alert me. Even if I close my eyes, there is a different ambient sound in the tunnel and outside it.

If I am engrossed with reading, however, that would be a different case. :P

Haha.. i think i mentioned in one of the old threads before. I have got people staring at the ringing buldge of my pants (handphone! :D ) when i was on closed headphones.

Now i set my phone on vibration mode only. I rather miss a few phone calls than to have an embrassing incident ever again. :grin:

my experience was more drastic.

my humble ep630 was enough to isolate my hearing from the "beep beep beep beep doors closing" signal, while i went up the escalator to the platform. was half a metre away from the door when it started to close; too late for me to back off. i hastened myself but my legs still got caught by the shutting panels. did manage to get into the train, but not without a nasty trip. didn't fall flat, but it must had been a din still, and surely people were mocking at me (i couldn't hear a damn thing of course). i simply scuffled to the other cabin to save myself from the blushes.

lesson learnt: when there's no traffic at the door anymore, it means the doors will be closing anytime.

i should have known better.

Rather off topic, but I had another experience with the train. Was rusihing home and the train was right at the platform. Ran up to it when the door was closing and banged straight into the door. Had to wait 6 more minutes before the next train arrived... I seriously prefer buses for the fact that the bus captains would wait for those who have just reached the door. For everything else though, MRT is still better. :P

:b2t

If you wish to avoid missing the mrt stops, especially when it's crowded and your view is blocked, set your mobile phone to receive broadcast (it's in the menu) and you'll be able to read each and every station the train reaches.