Sign in to follow this  
Nu_Omega

R.I.P Steve Irwin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

Not sure if how many fellow forumners will know who Steve Irwin is.

He's the funny and eccentric zoologist in the documnetary show "The Crocodile Hunter".

Steve died after being stun by a stingray while filming underwater.

He will be missed. God bless.

Oh my gosh... I'd never expected this to happen, especially to one as experienced as him.

Enjoyed his shows for oth their entertainment and educational value, perhaps one of the first edu-tainment guy to become widely popular...

This seriosly shows the fraility of life. Faced with hundreds of dangerous/venomous snakes and hungry crocodiles, he didn't seem the least bit threatened. HOwever, When with this usually harmless stingray, he died. The odds are perhaps more than 1 in 10 000 000... This is seriously a wake-up tone for all of us. Your life may be over tomorrow.

Worst thing is, you won't even know it... :mellow:

I dun think he would have wanted that stingray killed, being the man he was, that thing was just doing what it was supposed to do..

but yeah.. really strange that he should be killed by the barb of a non-descript ray and not some huge croc or venomous snake...

I knew this when visited EDMW during lunch. I like his show very much.

This seriosly shows the fraility of life. Faced with hundreds of dangerous/venomous snakes and hungry crocodiles, he didn't seem the least bit threatened. HOwever, When with this usually harmless stingray, he died. The odds are perhaps more than 1 in 10 000 000... This is seriously a wake-up tone for all of us. Your life may be over tomorrow.

Worst thing is, you won't even know it... :mellow:

That is why we must live everyday to the fullest.

He lived his life to his fullest. I met the man once at the fullerton hotel along with his wife and kids.

When it's your time, it's your time. :cry:

One of the Australian wild-life guys said that he cannot recall anyone being killed by a stingray in living memory in Australia. I saw a documentary that the sting gives you a nasty, painful-as-hell wound, but is rarely fatal. Apparently the sting went through his heart. It's a 1 in a million unfortunate mishap. Feel sorry for his wife and 2 kids.

Edited by scanfiend

he knew the job was dangerous, so he must have at least be prepared, same goes for his wife and kids. however, i believe this must have a huge impact on all of them.

given the stuff that he do, he must have known it's a sooner or later thing, but it should not have been so soon, he's still quite young....