Sign in to follow this  
lka

Which MP3 player for best sound?

BTW, visited Club21 Apple shop over weekend and they were selling G5 iPod at 20 or 25% disc while stock last.

Edited by laukinkon

erm actualli if u can wait...

hold out a while... ipod 8gig nano is out...

im qt sure iaudio and iriver r gonna churn out their larger flash drives real soon... mayb 4mths??

hold out a while... ipod 8gig nano is out...

I think that costs as much as the 30GB iPod 5.5. Not too good a deal, I reckon. I'll still go with HDD for capacities above 5GB.

I think that costs as much as the 30GB iPod 5.5. Not too good a deal, I reckon. I'll still go with HDD for capacities above 5GB.

well.... it realli depends on e user... flash drives r alot more durable than HDD.... partly coz HDD wears n tears due to itz spinning disc... plus u carn possibly carry a HDD out to jog... far too dangerous rt...

i agree tt 8gig is super costly now... wait for a few mths... prices will drop drastically...

well.... it realli depends on e user... flash drives r alot more durable than HDD.... partly coz HDD wears n tears due to itz spinning disc... plus u carn possibly carry a HDD out to jog... far too dangerous rt...

i agree tt 8gig is super costly now... wait for a few mths... prices will drop drastically...

Definitely it'll drop.. but I doubt it'll drop drastically. Apple buys their flash memory in bulk from Samsung at a discounted price, reducing the cost price. Other competitors are finding it hard to match Apple prices.. Most prob only Sandisk can do the same.. since they produce flash mem themselves. Other brands are still pumping out 2GB flash players even now..

i seriously doubt it will drop much... Samsung can produce their flash mp3 cheap but they place sort of premium on it.. it really want to have a flash price war, only apple, samsung and sandisk can do it...

I am locked on the iPod Nano 2 8GB as well, dig the colour scheme and the thought of long playback capability.

I am just rather concerned that iPod Nano seemed to be awfully lacking in terms of bass response, and even with "Bass booster", the sound sort of cracked and sounded rather amateur.

Any idea whether is there a remedy? If that can be sorted out (I am quite a metal rocker, need those bass to satisfy my listening regime), I am definitely down to Apple centre asap.

ah hah! Let's see.. :))

Alternative to 'bass boosters':

1. Electronic (I prefer this personally. Reason : raise of bass level, yet counter balanced with high treble for details, decent mids for vocals)

2. R&B (Little flabby bass)

3. Dance (Very strong attack notes)

4. Hip-Hop

5. Acoustic (Raised bass section with balanced treble and mids)

You could also invest in a portable amp. This will help you greatly for the 'Power' you most likely desire. :))

Have fun! Hope one of these EQ would get you there. :P

ah hah! Let's see.. :))

Alternative to 'bass boosters':

1. Electronic (I prefer this personally. Reason : raise of bass level, yet counter balanced with high treble for details, decent mids for vocals)

2. R&B (Little flabby bass)

3. Dance (Very strong attack notes)

4. Hip-Hop

5. Acoustic (Raised bass section with balanced treble and mids)

You could also invest in a portable amp. This will help you greatly for the 'Power' you most likely desire. :))

Have fun! Hope one of these EQ would get you there. :P

Ah, thanks zonalblitz_audio! I have just ordered one via Apple Store SG, figured I cannot resist the sexiness of iPod afterall. Lol.

I guess I will just have to figure out how I can tweak the sound after I get the set on Friday or so.

As for the portable amp you talked about, are they portable enough to run on batteries?

' date='21 Sep 2006, 02:24 AM' post='79503']

Hi friend,

If they are called portable, means they run on batteries :grin:

No worries about that, they will work, either on AA, AAAs, or 9V batteries.

Anyway, I have some advice for you! :D

Try not to adjust yourself to "tweaked" versions of sound first, instead get to understand and appreciate what you like first! Don't always conform to other people's taste of music :no:

I'm rambling maybe because of the fact I just woke up, but hope this helps!

Got it, I will try listening out to the Nano after getting it. I have a Zen Neeon right now + Sennheiser PX200, and I am kind of used to the bassy sound after max-ing out the 60Hz band. Always contemplated when having the notion of replacing the Neeon, my first configuration, used to it, haha.

' date='21 Sep 2006, 02:24 AM' post='79503']

Anyway, I have some advice for you! :D

Try not to adjust yourself to "tweaked" versions of sound first, instead get to understand and appreciate what you like first! Don't always conform to other people's taste of music :no:

Yes, like what Top-Gun said, try the original sound signature of the DAP first. If it does not feel natural to you or lacking for your taste then make some adjustments if really necessary. :))