Sign in to follow this  
clemo

Which one should i sleep with?

Hi folks,

I have to confess that i can fall asleep while listening on my fullsize headphone. Its not that the music is boring that i doze off but on the contrary it so relaxing that i fell asleep. :cans:

I know some can't stand laying on your bed with something sticking to your ears. Certainly the fullsize heaphones leaves me sleeping in the only position that is face-up. :yawn:

So now i would like to hear your experiences and views, which is the most comfortable IEM / earphones that i can sleep with and not compromise on my sleeping posture. :blush:

Cheers,

clemo

Westone Um1 and Um2, Sennheiser CX300 In-Ear, Apple In-Ear, Etymotic Er4, Er6, Shure E2C

I heard about problems with people sleeping with Shure E3C, where the grey sleeve went too deep for extraction when they wake up. :blink:

Ultimate Ears Super.fi series are definitely not sleep-friendly unless switch-sides of the drivers. But not so sure about the comfort though.

There are also a few fellow forumers who nearly killed themselves when they toss and turn during their sleep with IEMs. :D

Have fun!

Edited by zonalblitz_audio

I think for listening before falling asleep the sens MX400 should be good enough, at least if somehow during your sleep you happen to spoil the cables, it won't be so painful for your wallet.

Westone Um1 and Um2, Sennheiser CX300 In-Ear, Apple In-Ear, Etymotic Er4, Er6, Shure E2C

I heard about problems with people sleeping with Shure E3C, where the grey sleeve went too deep for extraction when they wake up. :blink:

Ultimate Ears Super.fi series are definitely not sleep-friendly unless switch-sides of the drivers. But not so sure about the comfort though.

There are also a few fellow forumers who nearly killed themselves when they toss and turn during their sleep with IEMs. :D

Have fun!

Have fun!

nearly killed themselves?? :lol:

Oh yeah not recommended as I got tangled up with my ER6 wires too around the neck and hand. Must have been some dream. To me the Westone UM1 was most comfortable to sleep with hehehe.

Nowdays I just use a cheapo earphone if I need music to sleep. I spoiled my Shure E2 when I fell asleep with it. The ipod got wedged near the bed headboard. The wires got tangled up during sleep and when I woke up, I sat up and yanked on the cables. For the rest of the day I was cussing myself because the left side of the earphone is dead.

U can forget about using full size headphone. I think IEM is more approciate.

I used to do it but not now. Anyway, I will still go for headphone if I were u. U will be in dreamland after a while.

Personally, I would prefer none of the abovementioned than a radio clock. Reason? Give your ear drums a rest; close proximity to ear buds and iems exposes the ear drums to greater vibration from sound waves than an away-from-the-ear sound source. If I have to choose one, than I would go for a comfy ear bud.

Edited by Mackie

Personally, I would prefer none of the abovementioned than a radio clock. Reason? Give your ear drums a rest; close proximity to ear buds and iems exposes the ear drums to greater vibration from sound waves than an away-from-the-ear sound source. If I have to choose one, than I would go for a comfy ear bud.

Anyway, u will be unconscious after listening for a while. Should be o.k, I presumed. :huh:

Your consicious mind may switch off during sleep but your ear drums will still be transmitting signals to the brain, meaning the ears are still functioning even though you are not aware. The same notion as sleeping after having a heavy supper......your digestive system will be working overtime.

Edited by Mackie

I second Mackie, give your ear drums a rest. Long long ago, my friend always slept with his beloved earphones, and now he can no longer hear the treble region.

Hmmm... I never sleep with any cans or phones because I want to rest my ear drums. If I have to choose one, I will go for the ear plugs without music playing :lol:

Hmmm... I never sleep with any cans or phones because I want to rest my ear drums. If I have to choose one, I will go for the ear plugs without music playing :lol:

Reminds me of the very early days when I have to hug a bolster and imagine it was my girlfriend. :grin::lust:

I agree that you should give your ears a rest ... what if you can't sleep without your earphones in future? :blink: It's very straining on your ears physically and subconsciously. I listen to music from the time I wake up to the time I sleep, and I'm already filtering out a lot of what I hear, can't imagine if I subject my mind to the same thing as I sleep :rclxub:

But re. your question, I use the UM2 and it's low-profile is perfect for sleeping with, tried before :cans:

Thanks folks, for your input and the concern on resting our delicate organ.

For myself i usually don't do it every night, only when i need to calm myself to bed. Actually i like listening before sleeping, its a good time and way to get personal with your music and system. You'll be surprised by things you cannot pickup in the day.

keep it coming folks.

i will sleep with nth on my bed. i will nv fail to tangle up wires and spoil the phones.

when i sleep at my pc chair,i will use my ms2 (usually does that as i have onli 2-4hrs to slp, always wake up with a numbed butt lol)

um2 in the bus, can fall aslp easily cos im enjoying it and relaxing.

Edited by ahdui