Sign in to follow this  
Nu_Omega

Review of Triple.fi 10 at Ilounge

Hmmm....I'm suprised that those people at iLounge don't fancy the new triple.fi 10 as much as the E500 as some of them are 10 Pro owners. But after listening to the E500, I don't want to listen to any other earphones I got. Maybe its because of triple.fi's flat sound signature as described by them, don't excite. And I tot E500 can be flat at times, not as exciting or emotional as UM2.

Heard the IEM "king" yesterday. Whoa, the triple drivers made quite a difference, however, i only liked the mids of the phones. (I was never a fan of the shure sound sig.)

Glad to say, those in Team UE can save 100USD, cuz the e500, does not have the UE sound signature i love.(IMHO)

Edited by That dude

whoa, scary.... :P

its personal prefrence, ahdui loved it over the um2, cuz the sound sig is round the same as westones. UE is like totally diff., so if someone like ue, then might not like the e500 as much... lol

dun take it too seriously.. haha :DD

you can say that the e500 doesnt suits your taste but do not say that it cant compare up to the sf5pro.

the e500 owners/fanboys will all rush down and flame you.

and personally i chose um2 over sf5pro for the reason i preferred um2 sound's signature.

it doesnt mean sf5pro is lousier den um2.

There's actually 2 (probably 3) main factors when you choose higher end IEMs.

Sound Signature

Fit

and...

Perhaps price

I'm sure the super fi. range isn't as comfortable as their westone counterparts... :P

Here is a little low down on the E500. Technically, it is better than UM2. Details are amazing compared to UM2. E500's sound sig is little flatter and thus, dun have as much impact and emotional as UM2. You've to listen to the E500 for at least a few days to realise what it can do or capable. It will not impress first hand or reveal its capability. I'm not a fanboy, the E500 is still not perfect. I find it a little boring at times compared to UM2 and I HATE the cables. Pampered by Westone's cable already. :))

Vs the ER4S, its bass and comfort is miles ahead. It lose out on treble energy, details is not better but probably on par.

I think the E500 is a capable earphone. Suits many types of genre of music, more so than UM2 or ER4.

As for Triple.fi Vs E500, it boils down to perference I guess but I find it a bit hard to swallow esp those iLounge reviews, many own the UE 10Pro. I figuered they'll like the Triple.fi. So I think their review can be taken little more seriously.

"in essence, the triple.fi is a ER-4P for bass fans" -> Very tempting!

"at a $100 premium" -> :rolleyes:

not so soon.. the first shipping of triplefi 10 is not even out yet.. they are now printing the name on the metal casing.. this is the latest news i got headfi.. a lot of grumbly people for the late shipping..