Sign in to follow this  
mychew

Need a comparison about this few models

Hi guys,

My friend is asking a favour from me, he said he is not really interested in headphone, so that he said he does not want to join SGH. But it's ok. He wants to know how u guys feel about these three products i listed below:

1. Senn MX 500

2. Senn PX 40

3. Sony MDR-EX70

He wants to know what's the difference between these headphones/earbud phone. He wants a comparison between them. Perhaps anyone of u who has touch on these products before or heard of them, can contribute a bit here? He wants to know which one is better. As i only own PX 40, and not the other 2. Therefore i cant make any comment. The bad things is he don't even want to let me listen to his MDR-EX70. The excuse he gave is, it's not good to share the earbud phone with other ppl, coz it's dirty. I can accept this. So that he ask me to post a question here and gather reply from u all. Thank you smile.gif

I have owned senn mx500. For 30 dollars, you can't go wrong. It's one of the best <50 dollar range. The real contender is only ksc-35, and I feel that koss can beat the mx500 anytime. But if you don't compare them side by side, you will find that mx500 should suffice.

The mx500 is sweet and has pretty good bass. The sound is quite balanced , good highs, ok midrange. Pretty much what you can expect from earphones in that price range.

I would say if your friend really wants better one, he can opt for ksc-50 or even ksc-55(neckband)/. Those 2 sound similar but only difference is in the ergonomic.

I have the 2 of them, MX500 and EX70.

Well, the ex70 sounds yucky.gif . From what i can recall, midrange is recessed. the bass is excessively heavy and bloaty, not tight at all. Very bright as well. So on listening, all you can hear is bass and treble and nothing else. Read a few mods from headfi and modded them. Reduces the treble and bass so that it sounds more even. It is my bus/train earphones to block out sound.

MX500 is pretty good. It would say it has the senn sound. Has good midrange but has slight midbass hump, so sometimes it sounds muddy. Senneiser 600 in earbuds if you know what i mean.

I also have sony 888. If i class 3 of them together, I'll put 888>mx500>ex70.

888 and mx500 are close but i like 888 type of sound overall. Best value for money will go to mx500.

i would say that the mx500 has a very prominent midrange, well formed highs and a clear but not strong-presenced bass.

the ex70 has a recessed mid and IMO bloated bass and screechy highs.

ask your friend to consider the ex71 instead.

IMO,

mx500 - pop

px200 - trance and bass-heavy songs

sr60 - rock (from what i hear, no personal experience)

px100 - all rounder

em7 - classical, jazz

adhoc, add koss ksc-35 or ksc-55 to that list

Best value for money for headphones in <100 range. They get better with good amps. I tried with creek before and it sounded like mini- hd600 or something.

The midrange is well defined, bass is so much tighter and everything sounds well-controlled, raising its value to 150 dollars phone.

Edited by Blues

my ksc-55 with amp sounds the same as my hd200 (unamped)

ksc-55 $45

hd200 $110

sipher, even I am thinking of getting ksc-55 man hahah.. but I think the fit is a little tight. If not for it.. I would have gotten it straight. It looks better than my ksc-35(which looks like junk). Besides the eye candy factor, it is more convenient as you don't have to adjust the clips one by one like my ksc-35 no.gif

hm...thank you.but not any of u had heard px 40 before. After buying my HD 202 i seldom use my PX 40 already...haha..so cant make any comment on that,some more when i bought it that time i don;t really know much about headphone =p. i get to know more after i bought my 202 and know what a better headphones would sound. As i can differentiate the different between the 2 model i own now wink.gif

I'm very interested in the Sony Gold 888 but it seems pricey for an earbud. Is the midrange as good as they say it is?

I've owned an MX400. As it is, it is cheap & does the job well. Nothing spectacular but sometimes better than expected when amped. Haven't had a chance to listen to the others mentioned.

honestly i do not think that a gold 888 is better than a silver 888. I saw both on sale for the same price but i bought the silver one just because the case is blue and not gold.

888 has sweet midrange. better than mx500.

yeah I don't think the difference is 'that; much.. probably just hype. How different can they be if they're still selling under the similar price lol.giflol.gif

I'm assume you never heard them before Blue so I will ignore your comment.