Sign in to follow this  
mychew

Need a comparison about this few models

I've heard e888 n@z. not gold version.. normal silver and I don't like it. mx500 is better to them and much cheaper to boot. I got mine from har28 last time

fair enough but your initial reference was on gold & silver not MX500.

I got the e888 because I read that they're the only other bud that can 'beat' mx500.. so I decided to try them out.

for the price, I think 70 dollars around there(new), e888 is not really a good buy. Well for those who like sony sound might like them , but to me they just don't have bass kick. The sound is transparent and warm but to me the high is not as good as mx500. Not to mention mx500 is 1/2 the cost of the sony. In fact, to me koss ksc35,55,50 ,porta and sporta pros series is the best under 100. Simply unmatched. good bass, fuller sound(due to bigger driver compared to earphone). And also less fragile biggrin.gif (I have heard so many people damaging their e888 lol.. the stem is just too fragile IMO)

N@z, what initial reference?

Read your post on the previous page. Your statement was speculation.

Edited by N@Z

oh you mean gold and silver e888?

well I don't wish to dissuade you if you want to buy it. Go ahead and try. Perhaps you will like the sound. But to me, sony buds are just not really up to my standard. I won't waste time buying another version of e888 because they will not be that much different. I was very disappointed with my ex silver e888. It is your choice if you want to buy it.

You can always look for the 'reviews and impressions' from head-fi though..

such as this link to dragonlong's impression:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....light=gold+e888

from his review, there is not much difference.In fact according to him the silver sounded slightly better.

You misunderstand my point Blue but never mind. I won't labour on it as it seems I have hit a sore spot there. It is after all a moot point & an OT one at that.

Personally I don't think it's OT. Afterall the thread is about comparing a few earphones/headphones.

Okay.. I've noted all your points. But I will reiterate that this is not a matter of being OT. I am just explaining my views that I've bought and tried it. However, I will look forward to you buying it and subsequently you can be in better position to agree or disagree with me.

cookie..oh cookie..wink.gif

I believe N@Z's point was about this

yeah I don't think the difference is 'that; much.. probably just hype. How different can they be if they're still selling under the similar price

the point is that you've never actually COMPARED the gold and silver versions yourself, have you? hence, what you said is just speculation, or from what you read..so unless you've actually heard it..

although, in cookie's defence, he did say 'I think' rolleyes.gif

Er not really speculation coz many from head-fi have commented how similar they are in the sound.

Alright I don't wish to derail from thread.

Anyway, it's not off topic lah smile.gif

That's why i don't put the model for this thread, because i don't want to limit to those model i mentioned above only. Maybe would have somebody else might need this thread too, who knows he/she has another few models that he/she needs to hear the opinion form us?hehe...anyway, you two make me learn some more thing wink.gif

i've owned the e888s and mx500s. can't really decide which sounds better because both had terrible fit. like with the e888s, they did not fully go into my ear, so sounded terrible. also mx500 kept falling out of my ear. ex70 fitted well, but sound definately not worth the money.

Now..again. He wish to know what model of earphones would u guys recommend to him for better sound quality, he prefer earbud type more. He hopes to hear from you all tongue.gif

i'm being the middleman between u all and him sleep.gif

Edited by mychew

better sound quality is subjective and personal taste varies. i can only suggest u friend to do auditions for those cans and buds mentioned here by other fellow forumers.

my -0.00000000002cts

ex71 for strong bass and clear highs.

mx500 for strong midbass and mids.

EDIT: actually IMO there is so little difference in the sound between the mx500 and the mx400 that you should get the 400 and save yourself ~$15 IIRC

Edited by adhoc

charismastic,

no shop will allow you to do audition of buds/cans that cost below S$200.