Sign in to follow this  
rkivie

Westone ES2

Thanks for your impressions! So the Sensaphonics have more of a UE10Pro sound signature than an ES2 signature. I'll be interested to know how your ES2 compare because some say that the ES2 is significantly better than the UM2/UM56.

Actually I read from few people who owned both UE10Pro and Sensaphonics posted in headfi, all of them prefer Sensaphonics sound quality than UE10Pro.

I was supposed to be in The US this December to visit Ultimate Ears headquarter. Unfortunately, something else came up. So I couldn't make it there this year which is too bad.

Edited by jlingo

rkivie, what are your opinions on ES-2 w/ Hornet vs ES-2 w/o Hornet? Also, is your Hornet one of the earlier ones, the later ones or one of the "M" ones?

i had the original black Nichicon capped Hornet. had, because i've just sent it back for the M mod. straight out of a 4G iPod, the sound felt sort of loose like it lacked definition (i'm not too sure how i should be describing it). out of the Hornet via the iPod lineout, the sound gains more body and is more engaging, probably as a result of the Hornet's forward, intimate presentation. the bass feels a bit loose still though. however, i must confess that i'm not certain if the improvement in sound quality is a direct consequence of the Hornet, or simply the use of the lineout. either way, it doesn't matter, it just sounds good.

p/s: you guys saw Aron's ES2 announcement? my jaws literally dropped.

Edited by rkivie

i had the original black Nichicon capped Hornet. had, because i've just sent it back for the M mod. straight out of a 4G iPod, the sound felt sort of loose like it lacked definition (i'm not too sure how i should be describing it). out of the Hornet via the iPod lineout, the sound gains more body and is more engaging, probably as a result of the Hornet's forward, intimate presentation. the bass feels a bit loose still though. however, i must confess that i'm not certain if the improvement in sound quality is a direct consequence of the Hornet, or simply the use of the lineout. either way, it doesn't matter, it just sounds good.

Mine dropped too. If he posted it 2 months earlier I would have gotten the ES2 instead of E500..

Thanks. My "M modded" Hornet just left Ray yesterday. I too am a bit confused as to whether the significant increase in overall sound quality is more to do with the line-out or the amp. I definitely heard a deeper and more engaging bass with the line-out and given knowledge of the infamous iPod bass-rolloff, this might indicate that it's more to do with the line-out.

Edited by milkpowder