Sign in to follow this  
rkivie

Westone ES2

And the latest news report:

Custom IEM fever has hit SGheadphones.

:P

Looks rather cool, congratulations on this purchase. I hope the non-upgradisitis state will last. :P

I'm getting a pair from uncle wilson too :P

How long did it take since you made impressions until you get them?

I'm getting mine black/black (trying to make it as unnoticable as possible)

Oh and another thing, overall which custom fit did you like better? the one taken with open or closed mouth?

Mmmmm can't wait :drool:

My wish set up.... do u mind to tell us how much they cost...

well, you should contact Wilson or Aron, of Jaben and Stereo respectively to find out about ES2 pricing. the iPod was a $300 refurbished set from Apple. i got the Hornet used from another enthusiast here on these boards.

Nice.... ferrari red... cool! :lust:

strangely, i actually disliked the colour when i first saw it as i have sent a colour sample to Westone requesting that particular shade of red, or darker, if they could not reproduce that. unfortunately, they disappointed me in that aspect.

but somehow this red just grew on me ever since. it's not too bad now, heh.

Oh and another thing, overall which custom fit did you like better? the one taken with open or closed mouth?

since i never did get the "forgot that they were there" feeling with the closed-jaw impressions, i'll say go with the open-jaw fit. it offers superior isolation (may be a good AND bad thing), doesn't break the seal however you move your head and jaws but it does take some getting use to.

Edited by rkivie

ES2 = Custom.

Customs are for individual ears only unless your ears are built exactly the same as the user :)

Congrats on your purchase of the ES2! I think both of us can form a ES2 fan club :lol:

Anyway,i'm sorry that i have failed to post my impressions of ES2 as i was busy with work.

You sent it back to Westone for re-moulding??

thats pretty tempting.

ever compared the es2 with um2 side by side?

or even the e500?

Comparison between ES2 & E500

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/reofwees2cuf.html

Edited by Braxton

You sent it back to Westone for re-moulding??

nope. USD$300 leh!

but i'm still thinking of putting artwork on...except that i don't have anything to add!

nope. USD$300 leh!

but i'm still thinking of putting artwork on...except that i don't have anything to add!

That's not a lot of money compared to how much Sensaphonics ask for remolding: somewhere in the region of $600 :blink:

BTW, has anyone compared the ES-2 to the Sensaphonics?

rkivie, what are your opinions on ES-2 w/ Hornet vs ES-2 w/o Hornet? Also, is your Hornet one of the earlier ones, the later ones or one of the "M" ones?

Edited by milkpowder

Godly equipment!!! I'm glad you like the sound of your ES2. Probably when my UM2 breaks down, I'll consider ES2. I'm also glad that ES2 is custom. Otherwise I'll experience the same consequence from going from UM1 to UM2. The upgrading bug=(

The next upgrade probably be Hornet but will decide next year. I think I spent enough for now. My bank already feels dry and cold.=(

if my memory has not failed me, i read b4 that the people from westone said that um2 with um56 is not much difference from es2.. but buyers mentioned that the crossfeed in es2 plays an important part in changing the sound.. it sounds a little contradicting as westone says there is not much changes..anyone would like to enlighten me?

Edited by Exloser

That's not a lot of money compared to how much Sensaphonics ask for remolding: somewhere in the region of $600 :blink:

BTW, has anyone compared the ES-2 to the Sensaphonics?

rkivie, what are your opinions on ES-2 w/ Hornet vs ES-2 w/o Hornet? Also, is your Hornet one of the earlier ones, the later ones or one of the "M" ones?

I just sent my sensaphonics to Chicago for a repair. My ES2 should be coming next month.

But I have compared UM2(UM56) with Sensaphonics 2 months ago, when my sensaphonics was still working.

Here is my finding. UM2(UM56) and set your iPod with treblebooster. You can approach similar character as Sensaphonics. :) It's not exactly the same but similar signature. The real sensaphonics is much more refined, and the high is less harsh, because when I try to trebleboost UM2(UM56) sometimes I find the high in UM2 to be very harsh. Sensaphonics is really good, very balance, clarity is much better, very smooth, a lot brighter than UM2(UM56). The bass is much cleaner and tighter, The high is much more pronounced. I feel like I have my velodyne subwover in my ear. It's amazing when listening to saxophone and classical, really smooth as one body. But still I find UM2(UM56) is very fun and musical to listen too.

Sensaphonics Richness dan smoothness hard to match!

Edited by jlingo

I just sent my sensaphonics to Chicago for a repair. My ES2 should be coming next month.

But I have compared UM2(UM56) with Sensaphonics 2 months ago, when my sensaphonics was still working.

Here is my finding. UM2(UM56) and set your iPod with treblebooster. You can approach similar character as Sensaphonics. :) It's not exactly the same but similar signature. The real sensaphonics is much more refined, and the high is less harsh, because when I try to trebleboost UM2(UM56) sometimes I find the high in UM2 to be very harsh. Sensaphonics is really good, very balance, clarity is much better, very smooth, a lot brighter than UM2(UM56). The bass is much cleaner and tighter, The high is much more pronounced. I feel like I have my velodyne subwover in my ear. It's amazing when listening to saxophone and classical, really smooth as one body. But still I find UM2(UM56) is very fun and musical to listen too.

Sensaphonics Richness dan smoothness unmatched!

Thanks for your impressions! So the Sensaphonics have more of a UE10Pro sound signature than an ES2 signature. I'll be interested to know how your ES2 compare because some say that the ES2 is significantly better than the UM2/UM56.