Sign in to follow this  
mr rabbit

Aless ms-1 giving me a headache

I think it's brightness that causes mr rabbit's discomfort. Meier-Audio used to sell a 120ohm plug that is useful in increasing a can's impedance which also helps to reduce brightness. Since this solution is no longer available and apart from parting with the MS-1, perhaps rabbit could try the reduce brightness via his system components, not a change/upgrade but I assume he is using a DAP and thus, thinking of eq.

Changing the ear pads can also reduce the brightness abit. U can try around with other compatible ear pads. Its probably you not use to grados class headphones. The MS1 is alrdy known to be less bright then their grado siblings

can anyone explain to me wat is brightness ?

Let me make it easy for you. If you were sound asleep and someone drew the curtain and exposed you to bright sunlight, the subsequent expression on your face will be quite similar to when your ears are hit with excessive aural brightness. :D

Not related to bass. Its a sounds like bright light where u just dont enjoy with ur ear. Can be irritating at times. BTW Grado headphones have one of the better bass out there.

I just got a pair and currently running them in, its a little sibilant right now with some hiss

Hopefully afterwards, it will be as sweet as the audtion pair in sound, and with some more hours of use, as comfortable as well too

Good cans, using them with bowls which I felt sounds better than the flats

No discomfit for me, sonically or otherwise, guess its up to personal preference

Edited by TheFan