Sign in to follow this  
mr rabbit

Aless ms-1 giving me a headache

i dunno why it seem to be a grado-ic problem but does it also happen on ms-1s too?

mmm....anyone have similar exp? or my ms-1 is having problem?

i experience fatigue if i less to my ms-1 for more than 1 hr

above 2 i will develop a mild headache

so far i havnt been able to listen to it beyond 2 hrs

on the other hand i'm very comfortable w my senn hd25-1

i can listen to it as long as i want until it gets too warm for me...

yes bloody singapore weather...

:blink:

no leh...discomfort not from the band.... its somewhat inside my ear

hard to explain just a tired feeling from inside

and its not like i'm blasting huge volume :(

i tink itz e bright sig too...

the other time i audition ms1... the same thing happened to mi.... was skippin songs here and the and aft an hr or so i feel i gotta remove the cans...

another reason might be because ur head/neck iz not used to havin additional weight...

I'm also thinking it's the brighter sound of the MS1 that's causing it. Senns are known to be darker. Why not listen a bit more. You might be able to get used to it. :)

i dunno why it seem to be a grado-ic problem but does it also happen on ms-1s too?

mmm....anyone have similar exp? or my ms-1 is having problem?

i experience fatigue if i less to my ms-1 for more than 1 hr

above 2 i will develop a mild headache

so far i havnt been able to listen to it beyond 2 hrs

on the other hand i'm very comfortable w my senn hd25-1

i can listen to it as long as i want until it gets too warm for me...

yes bloody singapore weather...

:blink:

I think you might be one of those people that have sensitive ears?? :lol:

In my case i don't think i can handle the sound signature of those cans for an hour too after a brief audition with them.

Cheers

I believed the sound might be too bright. That's will irritate the ear in prolong hearing.

Sen to me sound is dark & laidback. That's why u can listened for hours.

Most people would tune the sound that suit them. Its also depend on wat type of volume & music are u listening to.

Is the bass too strong ? I think your ear should be able to judge the type of sound that u like & dislike.

Most of the time, we are always fine tuning the type of sound that is pleasing to us. Sound is very subjective.

Maybe try going for a hearing test to find out the characteristic of your ear to understand better....... :grin:

i dont think its external ear discomfort due to pads rather its internal in my ear...

though i am using the stock one which is not exactly comfortable, its acceptable to me.

i listen mainly to rock music with it i find it... overly bright and harsh at time...scould be that giving me fatigue?

incidentally i prefer my hd25 over ms1, its a pair of curiously interesting cans... its natural to me yet with a somewhat exciting bass component to it, at best i can describe is that its not neutral, not gd as reference but its definitely a fun pair of cans :)

now if only ms1 is as comfortable i think it can give the pricy hd25 a gd run for its money

Burn in the can more.....

Try to move the can back abit from your head....position it back of the ear rather than the front of the ear. Its just a small move.U'd have to find that right spot when u feel the headache...

Thats wad i'll do...

sometimes its just the head not used to the clamping feeling of the cans

I think it's more the sound signature that's causing this problem not the clamping force as he has said. Anyhow, if it doesn't suit you after burning it in, just stick with something more dark like your senns.

I think its also got to do with its supra aural design. Try changing pads and loosen the headband a bit. The headband has a piece of metal inside, so can bend to fit your head.