Sign in to follow this  
Sipher

good regulated power supply

thanks jtfoo.

regarding the battery supply. how do i recharge the batteries??

need to buy special equipment?

yes, you do need special equipment. IIRC i read somewhere they're ~$50. and you'll want lead acid batteries. ~$30 for a 12V one IIRC. and then wires terminated with spade plugs!

and then you'll need to connect the charging equipment to the wall, so you'll still be using wall current in the end! kicking.gif

OT a while, what is IIRC?until now i stilll don't know what does IIRC stands for tongue.gif

sorry Mackie,sorry ablaze...don't kick me out pls... tongue.gif

hmmm... in total it adds up the cost to around $100

will a $100 linear regulated power supply be good enough??

IIRC - if i remember correctly

yup, can build one like that. you want me to upgrade your supply to that, matbon?

the schemactic is also the same as zero-distortion website or ps 1 that selling for 160us

how much jason?

yes, you do need special equipment. IIRC i read somewhere they're ~$50. and you'll want lead acid batteries. ~$30 for a 12V one IIRC. and then wires terminated with spade plugs!

and then you'll need to connect the charging equipment to the wall, so you'll still be using wall current in the end! kicking.gif

Yes, you can do that way, where you leave the charger on perpetually. But you have to make sure that the charger has trickle mode, so it won't overcharged the battery. But I would suggest to charge once and remove the charger from the battery, coz you won't be needing it for at least 6 month later, it really last that long. Seal Lead Acid Charger & battery can be bought at SLT basement.

PM me if you need help.

I have some newbie Power Supply related questions..

Is it reasonable to say that batteries (with sufficient current) are actually a higher quality power source compared to most AC to DC power adaptors?

So, how about using rechargable NiMH batteries instead of lead acid batteries? I don't think those big car batteries are wife friendly, and i suspect it's smelly when recharging....

Had to re-calculate everything. The most expensive may be the capacitor. Rough estimate $100.

Switching power supply maybe good or bad, depend on the oscillating frequency. It must be high enough to avoid audio frequency and not audible to the human ear. May be expensive for high oscilating type. Adding capacitor at output may change it's characteristic.

As for the linear reg, does it sell 24V version, I have hard time locating it.

Battaries should be the best clean power source you can get. I had read Gilmore class A amplifier uses an opamp to power the amplifier. He claim it is quiter than battery, but have not tried it yet.

NiMh for portable, Lead acid for longer usage at somewhere permanant (at home). Charging lead acid must be in open area where a lot of wind.

Charging lead acid must be in open area where a lot of wind.

ooh... u mean there will be a smell when charging??

inform me if u find one linear regulated 24V, jason!

at SLS? Till now I cannot find one in the market that says "Linear regulated..."