Sign in to follow this  
Sipher

good regulated power supply

Charging lead acid must be in open area where a lot of wind.

ooh... u mean there will be a smell when charging??

Even sealed lead acid requires you to charge in upright position. There will be chemical reaction during charging, it will dissipate... err... sulpuric gas if it uses suphuric acid as liquid.

anyone knows what the diagrams/pictures found on power adaptors meant anything?

got one with 2 squares. with the smaller one inside the bigger one.

then got another on with a shape of a "shield" shape outside and inside 2 circles interconnecting each other

hope u understand what i'm talking about tongue.gif

i think i will try to borrow a digicam to take a picture of what i meant this wkend

too lazy to draw. hehe

I have saw one of this before. It represent wire opening for my electronic transformer, don't know other usage for this... no.gif

that symbol means a class 2 constuction instrument, which means double insulated.

for all intents and purposes, it means safer.

Edited by adhoc

Misconception. Seal Lead Acid are sealed and air tight. There's no outgassing. It's a variation from the car battery which is opened and dangerous. Sealed Acid battery are practically maintenance free. But the number of cycles seal lead acid battery can be charged is lesser than the car battery becoz it cannot be top up. But 6 months of usage times a hundred recharged,I'm sure that works out to be many years.

if you have only 2 intersecting circles, it means a fail-safe transformer is within. which IIRC means that no matter the voltage the transformer will still work.

if you have 2 intersecting circles with 2 small vertical lines at the bottom it means that the device contains a transformer with some external device that prevents short circuits in the transformer within.

if you have 2 intersecting circles with a small rectangle at the bottom it means that you have a short-circuit-proof transformer. i cant remember any exact details on this.

if you have a shield with 2 intersecting circles inside means that you combine all the above to get what is known as a fail safe safety isolating transformer- super safe, super reliable.

some extra info:

a solid line with a dashed line beneath it denotes DC

a circle enclosing a vertical line which leads into 2 horizontal lines means grounded (protective earth installed)

a horizontal line with a rectangle enclosing some part of it means the device contains a fuse

Misconception. Seal Lead Acid are sealed and air tight. There's no outgassing. It's a variation from the car battery which is opened and dangerous. Sealed Acid battery are practically maintenance free. But the number of cycles seal lead acid battery can be charged is lesser than the car battery becoz it cannot be top up. But 6 months of usage times a hundred recharged,I'm sure that works out to be many years.

Some sealed lead acid required open air during charging. I had gone through some spec on it.

If it is for all, i don't know...