Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Mint tin afficionados

I got mine online for the Penguin & Charlie Brown. These smaller Fisherman's Friend ones are bought here. I think I might have saw some in the Guardian shop in SG. The Starbucks one, well... Starbucks! Firefox where did you get the O\ZON?

user posted image

Images above & below, taken off the ThinkGeek website:

user posted image

user posted image

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/candy/

XTZ Sex mints lol.gif When will they come up with "Tongkat Ali" Mints!

LOL! I think they make them in capsule forms but unfortunately no tin.

OT: Do you know the CNI Tongkat Ali coffee? Smells very fragrant & strong. Good for giving you a kick boost! I've tried it once it's not bad actually. http://www.cni.com.my/product-food.htm

Penguin Mints are now available in smaller 0.5oz tins (images on the left, the one on the right is the larger 1.75oz tin)

user posted imageuser posted image

I am currently building a FM radio in a O\ZON tin! It will have battery, speaker and scan button biggrin.gif I don?t know about a volume control though... I'll take a picture when it is done!

At the moment it has only worked on the work bench and not put together in the tin yet. Also the output transistor overheats. I'll have to heat sink or change that.

I also have a 2Watt RMS per channel speaker amp in a tobacco tin. It can be run from a 9v batt or from an external power supply. It only achieves full power on the latter. I'll take a picture of that too!

Before that I built an amp in a box from maplin.. about 7x3x4 inches (WxHxD) With transformer on board, support for phono, 5pin-din and capable of driving 6 pairs of speakers!

What?s next I hear you ask? Well I am planning to make a 5.1 surround amp, projector and DVD player on a pin head!!!

What is the smallest/best thing you guys have built in a mint tin or alike?

Gives new meaning to the word 'tinny' & 'boxy'. biggrin.gif

I haven't built anything in a mint tin or the like... just mints inside them blush.gif

I'm curious, what does it contain? I haven't been able to acquire anything new lately. Saw some Woods peppermint cough lozenges in a yellow tin.

Not quite Mint Tins I must admit. You should see some of the cute tin lunch boxes from this site: http://www.stutt.com/tins/

My favourites are of Bob The Builder-

user posted image

HotWheels & Scooby Doo-

I seem to have inherited my son's tin pencil cases too!

DSC00017.jpg

It comes with "hang-on-2-your-seat" now, ten almond chocolates by Meiji Japan.

Cost S$4.75, but someone on E-bay (I think from Singapore) is selling them minimum bid US$4.00, what a crime.

It's a free market as they say... I'm getting hungry!

It's nice that some companies/manufacturers nowadays offering such nicities like these tins, makes it a whole lot more personal compared to the usual disposible stuff.

I was in Mustafa Shopping Centre and found the Althoids mints selling for S$2.50. They also sold 2 packs of Fishermen's Friend with a free small tin.

Umm.. any local diyer willing to make a good value Meta Mint for me? (Good value meaning in comparision to headsave's meta mint, my only point of reference so far.)

Thanks. rolleyes.gif

Scriberex

Do you remember which Altoid flavours they are? I haven't tried the Altoids yet. The price is not too far off.

Try PMing jasonhanjk or huangyong to see if they are not too busy to build one for you.