Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Mint tin afficionados

Hi N@z, Mustafa only has the Peppermint flavoured Althoids. Plastic wrapped and March 05 expiry date! I bought one for the fun of it, also for a sorethroat. tongue.gif Thanks for the tip.

Hi Jasonhanjk, great! Please PM me when you have time and we can discuss. Thanks!!! call.gif

Cheers!

Scriberex

LOL glad you like them Scriberex. Have you tried the Fishermen's Friend? Has a good kick to it. Not for the weak hearted! Especially the Blue & white striped ones. The Green & white striped ones are milder. The rest are so, so. They have a new Tangerine & Ginger flavoured ones. Apple & Cinnamon is good too but to me has no kick!

user posted image

Anyone know where I can get something like these? The tin opens by sliding rather than flipping open.

user posted image

user posted image

Headsave MINT META

I am currently building a FM radio in a O\ZON tin! It will have battery, speaker and scan button biggrin.gif I don?t know about a volume control though... I'll take a picture when it is done!

At the moment it has only worked on the work bench and not put together in the tin yet. Also the output transistor overheats. I'll have to heat sink or change that.

I also have a 2Watt RMS per channel speaker amp in a tobacco tin. It can be run from a 9v batt or from an external power supply. It only achieves full power on the latter. I'll take a picture of that too!

Before that I built an amp in a box from maplin.. about 7x3x4 inches (WxHxD) With transformer on board, support for phono, 5pin-din and capable of driving 6 pairs of speakers!

What?s next I hear you ask? Well I am planning to make a 5.1 surround amp, projector and DVD player on a pin head!!!

What is the smallest/best thing you guys have built in a mint tin or alike?

How goes progress on the FM radio Tenson? Volume control suggestions, something like the one used in the headroom airhead amps or the SuperMini/Micro digital volume (from DigiKey).

Where's the photos?

Ahh! Forgot about that! I have been too busy with making the album the past few weeks... (aslo I'm lazy)

I'll take them this weekend, but I have not done anything since I posted last!

What I did build only 30min ago though was some blocks of wood to make my chair higher so my ears are level with the tweeters yeah.gif Hehee.. good tweak for a small amount of money! Sound staging suddenly becomes that bit more vivid, and no burn-in required!

Oh well, in the mean time... Schweet.

post_4_1068640904.jpg

Edited by N@Z

Photo taken off Head-Fi. The tin is a rare limited edition 'Bunny' from the Altoids Mint tin. You can actually specify any mint tin you like for the CMOY, CHA47 or MINT META amps. Thinking of getting the Dilbert Mint tins next! http://shop.store.yahoo.com/candywarehouse...ilmin12box.html

I love Dilbert! That cartoon is SOO funny!! yeah.gif

I saw those tins on this site a while ago and tryed to buy some.. but they would have cost me about £60 just for a few paks of mints! I don't know how the post cost so much! I like the 'Manage-Mints' lol.giflol.gif

Anyhoo, nice to see anther Dilbert fan. I only know one other person who 'gets it' cool.gif

Ohh! Nice link! Thanks. WOW! that's even pricier than my Penguins I had sent last time. I'll try getting quotes later.

The thing I like about Dilbert is the fact that he's supposed to be an engineer & he's working in an enviornment that is faintly similar to mine. whistling.gif A colleague of mine always have a good laugh with me whenever we find something sarcastic about managment! innocent.gif

Im training to be an engineer so i guess that puts me in a similar situation to him

I love the comic series and ive watched the cartoon series as well and loved it just as much. I think anybody who doesnt get dilbert ought to get their heads checked hehe!

The candy2you.com is out of stock on some of the assortments. I tried another place who also have the Charlie Brown & Snoopy Limited edition Mint tins but they haven't replied my email.

Just to give you some idea of the Dilbert tins...

user posted image