Sign in to follow this  
Wortel

Cheer me up

Tea break now. 594 roger. wink.gif

You guys just reminded me... I really feel like eating at BK now.. Gosh. Fortunately, I got posted to survey! Yay!!! No more bridge building attempts! *grinz*

I just went to maccasa.

And I met an old friend smile.gif MEAN ALOT TO ME!!!!

well we caught up and im stiulld rnunk/ biggrin.gif

N@Z,

Stan Getz's Jazz Samba is Bossa Nova Jazz.

Blues,

Try Robert Johnson - the recordings are old but the lyrics!

Yes Rameish, I know. It makes a nice change from the norm. It's still acoustic wink.gif

Robert Johnson yeah! He's why we have EC!

Jeremy Monteiro is a local jazz artist (pianist) who has gone international, having played with other jazz greats in New York, Los Angeles, Finland, Japan, and Montreux. He has also sung one jazz no. during recent concert with Toots Thielemans in Singapore. Among the jazz luminaries he has performed and recorded with include James Moody, Ernie Watts, Michael Becker, Lee Ritenour, Terumasa Hino, Joe Lee Wilson, Cassandra Wilson, Vanessa Rubin and Simon & Garfunkel to name a few.

As a composer, Jeremy has been awarded a silver medal at the 1991 International Radio Festival of New York. In 1998 the Swing Magazine of Switzerland called him "one of the best exponents of jazz piano". In October 2002, Jeremy was conferred Singapore's highest honour in the Arts, the Cultural Medallion. He has composed over 700 pieces of music and released a total of 21 albums. He is listed in the year 2000 edition of Who's Who of the World. He also served as Artistic Director of the Singapore International Jazz Festival 2001.

Btw, Blues, have you heard of Indra Lesmana ? Also a very dynamic and talented jazz keyboard player from indonesia. I also quite enjoy his vocal album released toward end of last year. wink.gif

Yeah I know indra lesmana. For vocalist I like krisdayanti. Her voice reminds me of celine dion. Not up to celine's standard,. but somehow is quite there already.

Not to mention bands like base jam, gigi and all.. very good songs they have there.

Rameish, will try the one that you mentioned

Guy, don't expect high quality sound okay. It's very low-fi. But the music is something else.

N@Z,

I had a tape that has gone kaput entitled The Blues World of Eric Clapton" Do you have that on CD? If so please bring it down when you visit okay?

Guy,

Maybe you should start off with something a little easier like Eric Clapton esp when he was with John Mayel and the Blues breakers. Then see if you like Bob Dylan (he's not blues but folk). If you can tahan Bob then try Leonard Cohen. The try Robert Johnson.

Yes, those are good stuff, Blues.

Just a little hint, stay focus on the topic of the thread. If in doubt, please check "The M team" for new but important change. Be afraid........like your school headmaster...... wink.gif

Rameish, yea I like clapton. Yet to try more blues stuff.. I will try them out slowly one by one.

Guy, don't expect high quality sound okay. It's very low-fi. But the music is something else.

N@Z,

I had a tape that has gone kaput entitled The Blues World of Eric Clapton" Do you have that on CD? If so please bring it down when you visit okay?

Guy,

Maybe you should start off with something a little easier like Eric Clapton esp when he was with John Mayel and the Blues breakers. Then see if you like Bob Dylan (he's not blues but folk). If you can tahan Bob then try Leonard Cohen. The try Robert Johnson.

Rameish, I'm afraid I don't have a copy of that at all.

Blues, I can bring the Double tape of Robert Johnson for you to borrow, if I can find it. As Rameish said, it's very low-fi. If you like Dylan you can definitely take Robert Johnson.

Other suggestion for Clapton is The Cream of Eric CLapton. A nice beginners sampler into older EC stuff.

Rollings Stone's first album is very bluesey. What was it called... Route 66? The song to the title track is very cool.

I was gonna buy cream of clapton last time.. but had to choose between it and andy lau live 99.

In the end I chose andy lau tongue.gif

by the way I like his change the world, tears in heaven, blue eyes blue(something liddat) and wonderful tonight best

but if I remember correctly wonderful tonight is not in his cream cd right?

rare to have a good double-bassist aound. Why don't you try that , Blues ? wink.gif