Sign in to follow this  
jealousy never dies

Which would you prefer?

Which would you prefer?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After getting varied responses from the "Koss or Sony" thread, I have decided to come up with this poll to help me make my final decision. Any response would be greatly appreciated!

As I said in the "Koss or Sony" thread:

My budget is SGD$100.

I usually listen to pop, like R&B, hip-hop, jazz, some (in fact very little currently) rock and metal stuff. I would be using the phones with my portable mp3-player as well as my cd-player at home.

Design/style (ear/head or around the neck,etc.) is not so much of a concern as long as the phones sounds great and is comfortable.

My criteria (1:most important, 6:relatively least important, but still important):

1. Sound quality (esp. bass and clarity)

2. Price

3. Comfort

4. Portablility

5. Design

6. Warranty

Please comment on the reason for your choice, such as by giving accounts of your experience with the phones. Any other recommendations would be great too.

Thanks in advance!

do u urgently need a headphone??

if not, u may want to wait until our next meet so that u can try out the various headphones.

party.gif looks like my baby, the senn px200.. is leading!

I reckon you can always get senn mx500.. though may not stand up against the ksc-55 it's a great on the go earphone. cheap, readily available, great sound and all.

Hope to see more votes! Please dun null vote lah, I will just use it as a reference, so I dun mind being misleaded a little.

Ermmm...I believe my budget should stay at $100, max $120, so no Senn HD-600 for me (unless someone wanna sponsor me happy.gif ). I think Grado-SR60 would be nice, but it is abit on the exp. side and not quite portable. Any comments?

As for the meet, I dun think I would be able to attend, coz veri bz lately, and also for the rest of the year presumably. And I dun wanna meddle with those high-end phones lest my hands get itchy and thn burn a hole in my pocket unsure.gif . I guess a sub-$100 phone will do just fine.

Cast your votes!

Urfortunately I cannot vote as I only have heard the MX400, although similar to the MX500, I can't fully recommend it as I prefer others not listed in your poll list. Plus also my experience with cheaper cans are only the KOSS KSC-35 (which is not readily available, theoretically similar to the KSC-55 & PortaPros but since I never tried I can't say for sure) & Grado SR80 (which is out of the price range).

By any chance do U seek Music By Design, dealer for Grados, Burmester, Audio Analogue, at Adelphi?