Sign in to follow this  
Gouki

MDR 3000 - get it?

I know the second time he got CD-3000 from Japan. Don't know about the 1st and 3rd. Ya, he has owned this model three times (I guess the rest were mistresses). This one sounds like his wife.

1st was bought used on head-fi. 2nd straight from Japan, thru a friend. 3rd was on ebay. I wouldn't say 'wife' yet, but I'm really serious about this relationship wub.gif

Sorry abt the double post. I think it's my mac.

Hmmm...I though you announced your marriage sometime back :-). Okay, I guess he broke-up twice and is going steady again. LOL

Seriously, audition it at the next SG Headphone Meet is what I say. They are seriously good cans. If I had a bigger head and needed a closed headphone it would be on the contender list.

ablaze, from Japan that's what I thought!

How did the deal go BTW, this japanese thing is getting to me big time.

Rameish,

So you would recommend the CD3k!?

OT, yeah I get that sometimes (double posting) with my Mac, next SGH meet should be addressed asap though.

Rameish, oh yeah. I remembered my 'marriage' announcement a while back! haha..always the initial euphoria of falling in love..and all the crazy things one says..laugh.gif but yeah, going steady again at least yes.gif

mat, what deal? if you're talking about the japanese deal for the CD3000s, its not really that cheap anymore once you factor in additional shipping to my friends' residence, before re-shipping to me.. sleep.gif

I'd be fun just to see what it'd look like on my son's head! Swallow his head whole! LOL!

Matbon,

yeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gif Yes I would recommend the Sony CD-3000 if you like a detailed sound - however it's different from Grado in that being closed you get the soundfield being around you ears - some like this others don't (I belong in in neither group as it neither bugs me too much no do I appreciate it). I just increase crossfeed you see. Other than that quibble, it's very nice and better than say the ATH-W-1000. It's real big though and I have a smallish head (thin boned LOL) so it wiggles about. The HP-890 cose close in size comparison.

Oh ok Rameish, I didn't realised it was that big until you went all graphic like that, I have not met you but for a second there visions flashes in my head of the picture you gave. w00t.gif

BTW, what's my chances with the HP-1's? smoke.gif

... I use ety for mp3 rolleyes.gif ..

No lah it's not underutilised actually... because you can start by getting a revo and rip all your cds into lossless format and all...

One thing good about computer setup is that you can listen while surfing the net or something.. and can also watch those movies , divx that you download off the net.

That's why for me my cdp is exactly on top of my lappy and amp is to the side so that I can surf while listening to music.

you can also listen to music/movies while surfing the net and do other stuff even if the phones is not connected to the computer. smile.gif

I'll be getting a pair to try them with the Corda Prehead and the ASL OTL32. I've tried them a number of times with a number of amps and really found them bright (except when paired with the Earmax Pro). Now that I have some "serious amplification", I'm interested to hear what they can do.

They are definitely amp fussy, but the people I know who've found the right setup for them absolutely love them.

Matbon,

When you see me talking about my new HP-2 or HP-1 your chances of getting one go up LOL. Seriously I have contacted I guy so far but he's real reluctent to sell.

William,

The CD-3000 are a bit bright but now overly so to my ears at least - hey but then I'm a grado-beyer DT-931 fan.

Jarthel,

Keep on track please - We're talking about the Sony CD-3000 here. I know you're responding to blues.