Sign in to follow this  
Gouki

MDR 3000 - get it?

Hi guys,

I'm ready to get another headphone, and was wondering if I would be making the right choice in buyin the 3000.

Its a good phone, but because its so big, i don't know if I can still wear it while lying down on a pillow watching movies.

Will I be underutilising it if I am just using it for movies and HQ MP3s?

Thanks again.

PS. Could I buy it in Singapore and for how much?

PS. BTW, my eggos are still here, but I'm beginning to find them a little uncomfortable now. I wear it almost everyday and the paint has peeled off on one side and is peeling on the other. Good cans while it lasted. May get a senns. instead as replacements.

not in singapore. you can get it from japan or order audiocubes.com

Ebay also can laugh.gif

I believe ablaze is using his cd3k to watch movies and listen to songs on the computer. Should be good for that purpose happy.gif

CD-3000 are good but do have large cups so sleeping with it is gonna push the headphones forward. However that's the way I like to listen to headphones. Foward and down to give it bettter soundstage.

You might want to try something a bit smaller but closed. Beyer DT-831 comes to mind (a bit bright) Beyer DT-250 (a bit dark), DT-150 (very balanced but can be a bit dry and the PVC doesn't endear me). Althernatively go for Etys - get the 4P if u don't have an amp or the 4S if you do (Shure should be quite good but I have not listened to them).

I'm sure I've missed a few cans but these relect my stock recommnedation for closed cans.

hehehe imo if you want to lie down on your pillow.. nothing beats the smaller cup headphones. I find ety is best for this job, cause they're so small.

Cd3000 might take time to get used to. Even my beyer 880 has a hard time finding its place for bedtime phone..

I listen to my CD3000s almost 70% of the time lying down. and Rameish is right, the earcups would be pushed forward (front being your nose, back being the back of your head), but thats a good position for the CD3000s anyway. yes.gif one thing though, for bed use, you won't be able to move your head very much, with those huge earcups. I think best bed phones are the Sony 7506s/V6s, those are small and flat too. so you can move around, and even lie on your side with them (ie. ON the cups)! Cookie, if you lie on the side with the etys, I think you'd be pushing the Etys dangerously close to your eardrums biggrin.gif

If you just want a pair of bed phones, and aren't looking for the highest fidelity, you probably wouldn't need the CD3000s. (although their huge soundstage's pretty sweet for movies wink.gif) and there're probably other phones more suitable for tossing around in bed. but of course, if you got cash to spare, and spending ~$650 doesn't bother you too much, and you want a pair of cans that you can use for serious music listening in future, then by all means.. headphone.gif

I have no problems listening to the Sony MDR-7506 while lying down on my pillow. They make for great TV viewing too especially if your TV is broadcasting in digital (Astro in my case).

Rameish, can the earpads of the DT150 be swapped with the ones from the cushy comfy DT250?

IMO something like the cd3000 is seriously being underutilised for mp3s and movies.

to me, it's like getting a porsche to drive around your estate only.

... I use ety for mp3 rolleyes.gif ..

No lah it's not underutilised actually... because you can start by getting a revo and rip all your cds into lossless format and all...

One thing good about computer setup is that you can listen while surfing the net or something.. and can also watch those movies , divx that you download off the net.

That's why for me my cdp is exactly on top of my lappy and amp is to the side so that I can surf while listening to music.

Blues,

Your post here is sorta linked but as you can see from Jarthel's response it hijacking the thread - sorta. Keep on track please

Edited by Rameish

IMO something like the cd3000 is seriously being underutilised for mp3s and movies.

to me, it's like getting a porsche to drive around your estate only.

If he can afford it, I don't see why not. I know I would!

Rameish, can the earpads of the DT150 be swapped with the ones from the cushy comfy DT250?

Hmm...I don't think so but did not try. From memory they are roughly the same size. The PVC is a pro grade version but it's still PVC.

N@Z, i suppose if i could afford it, i would get it too.

but only if i intend to get a good source in the future.. otherwise IMO it's like buying a sacd player to listen to cds.

I was being OT with the Porsche but yeah, I would get the CD3K too I guess if I can find it cheap. I don't have wads of cash to spare on a Porsche either...

N@Z, when you finally do find a place that sells it cheap, dont forget to tell me too. tongue.gif

cd3000?

Last time it went for 175 on ebay. I nearly went for it but the condition wasn't mint. The pad is inquite bad condition. So with the new pad(40 dollars shipped) you can get a fairly good condition cd3000

not bad!I think that was the cheapest I've seen. Of course the other was originalreaper's 150 no brainer cd3000..