Sign in to follow this  
Gouki

MDR 3000 - get it?

The MDR 3000 are excellent, however, I have been noticing another brand of headphones called STAX.

What do you think of these, are they suitable for normal music and movies?

Regardless, those 3000 were very good, after comparing them with Senns. HD600 and ATs. I have not been able to compare them to Beyern (sorry sp.) as I couldn't find any around.

Prices for the 3000 are still pretty high though.

you heard the CD3000 gouki?

I chose my CD3000 over the Stax (I had the SR-404 and the SR-313) cos they were just too open and leaked too much noise. haha. which one do you have in mind?

how much are the 3000s now?

Barradio, I believe that. I've heard that on Head-fi as well.

Got them yesterday, and with my current set up they are AMAZING. All I can say is detail and dynamics. Out of the prehead they emit a tight, crisp sound full of vibrancy, and bass as well. I've always thought these to be somewhat bass deficient in the past, not anymore.

With the OTL 32 the vibrancy is harnessed just a touch, with a little more lushness added to the bass, as well as smoothness.

I like them a lot. The only thing I think they lack somewhat is depth, but that's what I have the HD600's for. headphone.gif

You didn't find them bright at all? How was it compared to the RS-1?

Team CD3000! party.gif haha..

Team hate-CD3000 lurks on the head-fi irc channel rolleyes.gif

anyway, CD3000+prehead. good stuff. Please do post a short review of your CD3000s if you can Bill yes.gif