Sign in to follow this  
acidz

Clip-ons with isolation factor

As title, are there clip-on earphones/headphones that provides isolation from outside noise? Or is it just not possible due to the way the clip-ons are worn?

I'm not looking at headphones (messes up the hair lah) and IEMs (can't seem to fit these in).

As title, are there clip-on earphones/headphones that provides isolation from outside noise? Or is it just not possible due to the way the clip-ons are worn?

I'm not looking at headphones (messes up the hair lah) and IEMs (can't seem to fit these in).

Clip-ons are known for poor isolation, although it can be slightly improved by choosing a clip-on with a better grip and proper adjustments when wearing them. I'm not quite a clip-on user so I may be wrong about this but I know some customers I've talk to isolates by cranking the volume up..... which isn't very good. :sweat:

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Clip on usually dont cover enough of your ear to really isloate anything. Maybe you can try headphones that clamp/hang on your ear tat goes behind your head as they wont mess ur hair. Those have slightly better isloation though i dont think much lol.

Cranking up volume to isloate? If its in the MRT tunnel, they will need an amp on high gain blasting all the way :P

ranking up volume to isloate? If its in the MRT tunnel, they will need an amp on high gain blasting all the way tongue.gif

NOW thats a highway method to destroy your ears, not to forget being a pest to other commuters since the sound will probably travel? :bash:

I seen many cranking their volume so high that you can actually listen to what they are listening across the mrt seats lol. Though I think it still cant beat one guy using ibuds on such a loud volume that i can actually listen to what his playing (Heavy Metal) like 3 seats away lol.

I wear cans on my spiked hair and it doesn't flatten out my hair when I remove the cans. It's how you style plus placement of cans. But mine is a short hair though. :bash:

why not consider a clip on in-ear ear buds? u get ur clip-on style that u wan. and u get isolation. yeah basically i think in-ear are the best for music listening. i think sony and philips have models like that.