Guest drumkode

Headphone extention

Guest drumkode

Hmm does anyone know where I can get parts or maybe even buy a ready made headphone extention? I want those that coiled ones..

My Sennheiser HD25's headphone cable's too short! dry.gif

U could just get those normal ones if u like from SLS or SLT at maybe 5 bucks for a 2 metre extension or something........ party.gif

if you wanna DIY..you can try LHS SLT, 2nd floor, for all sorts of jacks (the entire Neutrik range). I suppose you'll need one female 1/4" and one male 1/4" jack. I think for the cable..you'll need a at least a 2 conductor cable. 1 for left channel, 1 for right channel, and the shield for common ground. correct me if i'm wrong wink.gif

How to add an impedance to the cable, so it become something like a 4p->4s cable?

I heard it also improve the sound of ksc35? What kind of impedance should be use? ohmy.gif

If you're planning to go DIY besides using the excellent Neutrik jacks I suggest you try using the braided cable JMT (Head-Fi) uses. I forgot what the exact name was but it is a silver coated cable with see thru insulator. It sounds quite good for such a modest cable. It will however be a little stiff due to the braid.

You want photos? Oh all right...

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/naz7577/lst?...rc=bc%26.view=t

Note that in this application the cables are used as a mini to mini but equally has been used as interconnects & even headphone extensions.

Edited by N@Z

How to add an impedance to the cable, so it become something like a 4p->4s cable?

I heard it also improve the sound of ksc35? What kind of impedance should be use? ohmy.gif

that brings up an interesting point. remember reading somewhere that adding resistance into the cable, while "overcoming" this resistance with a good power from an amp's supposed to improve the sound. was it fixup's site? smile.gif should be interesting to try with earphones with volume control built-in. eg. the Senn MX500s! laugh.gif somebody try it and report back smile.gif

I tried with MX500 alreay.

500 sounds better with my creek 11se, and with the volumn control slice down, jack up the volumn of the 11se, the sound is more firm. party.gif

Regarding the braided cables used by JMT, they are Home Grown Audio. http://www.homegrownaudio.com/

Any place to get them in singapore?

And what cables are good for DIY? Any shop that makes cables based on the parts you choose? Don't have a soldering iron so I can't do it myself.

Regarding the braided cables used by JMT, they are Home Grown Audio. http://www.homegrownaudio.com/

Any place to get them in singapore?

And what cables are good for DIY? Any shop that makes cables based on the parts you choose? Don't have a soldering iron so I can't do it myself.

don't think you can find those cables here.

but locally, the favourite DIY interconnects are

Belden 89259

Belden 89207 (both of these at LHS, SLT)

Klotz GY107 (hung bros, but out of stock)

there's another cable thats supposed to be DAMN good, its the Andrew Heliax cable available also at LHS. but its $30/m! ohmy.gif

Got any details or link for the Andrew Heliax cable ablaze?

not at hand N@Z. do a google search? people who've heard it say that it rivals much MUCH more expensive I/Cs.. ohmy.gif