Sign in to follow this  
julery

Replacement Cable for Philips HP890

speakers and headphones will sound different. so it may just be that you're not impressed with headphone sound. IMO, the HP890's FAIRLY decent. of course they're much better cans around. maybe you can pop by Rameish's place to listen to some of his stuff wink.gif

Hi Ablaze,

I am impress by H-890 just by plugging in into my Sony FM walkman, it gave out full bodied sound that it should be compared to plugging it into my soundcard ( Philips AE ).

What will be the missing factor? unsure.gif

Izzit really lacks a head amp to drive the H-890 properly through my soundcard? Is this the missing factor?

I know my current PC speakers ( Aego2 ) has a built-in amp in it, should headphone have one too?

TIA

headphones are basically mini-speakers on your ears. they don't NEED amplification to have sound, but with proper amplification, they'll sound their best. of course, maybe its just a source-related issue. try the M-audio Revolution instead of the Philips AE wink.gif (disclaimer: I'm not sure if it'll be leaps and bounds over your AE though)

headphones are basically mini-speakers on your ears. they don't NEED amplification to have sound, but with proper amplification, they'll sound their best. of course, maybe its just a source-related issue. try the M-audio Revolution instead of the Philips AE wink.gif (disclaimer: I'm not sure if it'll be leaps and bounds over your AE though)

I am sure the M-Audio will out-perform AE anytime.

Gosh, wish I knew whether it need better Soundcard ( M-Audio ) or just a simple headphone amplication will do the trick. innocent.gif

try and buy either a new soundcard 2nd hand, or buy one of the used amps around in the classifieds to try, at least if it doesn't work out, you should be able to sell it at a similar price. wink.gif

try and buy either a new soundcard 2nd hand, or buy one of the used amps around in the classifieds to try, at least if it doesn't work out, you should be able to sell it at a similar price. wink.gif

Okie roger,will try sorcing out a used amp to try. party.gif

Well U can start by placing a "WTB: Headphone amp" ad in the classifieds. wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Yup,was enquiring with Firefox about the Cmoy.

Not in the desperate mode now to put a ad. biggrin.gif

Depends on the hobbists. In audiophilia, there are varous sects...some like to mod and mod till they squeeze every drop of performance out of the gear, some simply buy and listen and others is a mixture of these 2 categories.

is it really worth changing the cables in a headphones such as HP890?

The 3 metre stock detachable cable is bit way too long, I just needed 1.5m. So might as well replace for a better one instead cutting off the stock cable. smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Not in the desperate mode now to put a ad. biggrin.gif

I'd have time to build headphone amps to order if.....

You can hijack me to an 8 to 5 vocation at 3rd Guards (Bedok Camp).

kicking.gif

biggrin.gif 

Not in the desperate mode now to put a ad.  biggrin.gif

I'd have time to build headphone amps to order if.....

You can hijack me to an 8 to 5 vocation at 3rd Guards (Bedok Camp).

kicking.gif

Ok, I will send in commando soon. biggrin.gif