Sign in to follow this  
julery

Replacement Cable for Philips HP890

cool. thanks julery smile.gif got other cans? yes.gif

Don't mention it.

Top range I guess is the Philips HP910, saw the price tag at $180+ ohmy.gif

No Grado's Sony's or Beyer & AKG's. call.gif

if you can find the eutectic silver solders, which most are, soldering should be no problem with a 30W iron. my solder has a melting point of 150C is is a dream to work with, after i got used to it.

neutrik 1/8" connectors are either (IIRC) not made or not imported here.

Now I know who to find liao for soldering ! tongue.gif

party.gifparty.gif

i could do your hp890 for you.. but not right now.. am working on my own dt880s. biggrin.gif

Oh Oh, I think I need a headphone amp. My source is just the Philips Acoustic Edge Soundcard tongue.gif

Its doesn't sound as good as my PC desktop speakers, not enough power leh. mad.gif .

Any budget headphone amp to recommend? biggrin.gif

a cmoy would do the trick. it's cheap and decent.

send firefox a pm to get a quote.

anyway for the 32ohm impedance value of the hd890, you should be able to get to quite dangerous volumes with almost anything. even a pcdp.

a cmoy would do the trick. it's cheap and decent.

send firefox a pm to get a quote.

anyway for the 32ohm impedance value of the hd890, you should be able to get to quite dangerous volumes with almost anything. even a pcdp.

Okie thxs, will check with Firefox.

Btw, pardon my ignorance. What's a cmoy ? blush.gif

This 890 sounded like mono to me instead of stereo. no.gif

Just plug the 890 into my Sony Portable FM stereo, I can feel the "WoW" factor and the clarity. The bass have more punch and much power then plugging it into Soundcard. Why is this so? Did I miss something? Is just like listening to mono in the soundcard. yawn.gif

kicking.gif

maybe there's some settings in your soundcard software that have mono/stereo setting??

maybe there's some settings in your soundcard software that have mono/stereo setting??

thxs for the hlp.

Nope, check that part. Even enable Headphone in M$ Multimedia setting also like mono.

Guess CMI. Not enough power! wacko.gif

Julery,

Get your source sorted out first. The Philips HP-890 is an easy headphone to drive get a CD player like the Maranz CD-5000 or CD-6000 OSE will enable you to plug the headphone directly into the CD player's headphone jack and get volume control as well (I don't the the CD-4000 allows volume control - not sure about it though). Then get an amp.

speakers and headphones will sound different. so it may just be that you're not impressed with headphone sound. IMO, the HP890's FAIRLY decent. of course they're much better cans around. maybe you can pop by Rameish's place to listen to some of his stuff wink.gif

Speakers tend to sound difference form heaphones bec of the extreme soundstage presented by headphones - the left ear will not hear what the right ear is hearing. There is a solution - corssfeed. There are several manufacturers and diys who do make amps with crossfeed -

headroom - www.headphones.com

Meier Audio - www.meier-audio.com

DIY builders - several on www.head-fi.org who will can build an amp based on the META42 schematic with or without crossfeed.

For more information about crossfeed visit www.headwize.com and do a search in the diy section.

Julery,

Get your source sorted out first. The Philips HP-890 is an easy headphone to drive get a CD player like the Maranz CD-5000 or CD-6000 OSE will enable you to plug the headphone directly into the CD player's headphone jack and get volume control as well (I don't the the CD-4000 allows volume control - not sure about it though). Then get an amp.

Thxs for suggestion Rameish,

Will be using this H-890 for Computer purposes like ( Movies, MP3 & Games ).

The problem is that it work and sounded good as it should be in my Sony FM/AM Walkman but not through my line out ( Front L/R ) of my Computer Soundcard ( Philips AE ). Was wondering what was inside my Sony FM that boost out the music as it should be. innocent.gif