Sign in to follow this  
julery

Replacement Cable for Philips HP890

Hey all,

I am new here and I just got myself a new Philips HP890. I wonder what would be a good replacement cable for the stock Philips's headphone cable and should I replace the stock plugs connected to the cable too?

Btw, I noticed the plug to the HP are rather smaller then the normal mini stereo plug, can it be replaceable by buying a better ones, if so what plugs do you recommend?

TIA

rgds

Try Canare for warmer sound and Kloz for more detailed sound. Belden I have but havn't wired up so I can tell ya what it sound like. (Basically any of the above would be an improvement giving better details and more weight to the music presentation. Good luck.

Try Canare for warmer sound and Kloz for more detailed sound. Belden I have but havn't wired up so I can tell ya what it sound like. (Basically any of the above would be an improvement giving better details and more weight to the music presentation. Good luck.

Thxs for valueable recommendation.

I have read & notice that this pair of Philips 890 has big bass. Should I get Klotz ( detailed sound) to balance out the music?

May I know the exact model of Klotz cable to go with it?

TIA yes.gif

try silver wire for brighter sound.

http://www.geocities.com/overmindxx/index.htm

then dont forget to use silver solder too. they can be found at numerous places in sim lim tower and sim lim square.

then a low wattage iron so you dont do too much damage when you accidentally touch any other parts of your headphones besdies the solder.

you can get a good 30W fine tipped iron from goot (model no. CXR-30) for abouut $25.

1/4" neutrik connectors can be found at www.team108.com

give alex@team108.com an email and tell him aaron sent you. smile.gif

all the best.

Low wattage soldering iron with silver solder isn't a very good idea. Getting a high wattage iron but soldering quickly would be better.

try silver wire for brighter sound.

http://www.geocities.com/overmindxx/index.htm

then dont forget to use silver solder too. they can be found at numerous places in sim lim tower and sim lim square.

then a low wattage iron so you dont do too much damage when you accidentally touch any other parts of your headphones besdies the solder.

you can get a good 30W fine tipped iron from goot (model no. CXR-30) for abouut $25.

1/4" neutrik connectors can be found at www.team108.com

give alex@team108.com an email and tell him aaron sent you. smile.gif

all the best.

WoW, hot stuffs. party.gif

Any ready-made ones? Not into soldering at the moment yet laugh.gif

hey julery, just noticed your post in the price thread. wow $70 for the HP890!?? ohmy.gif

where is this Raffles home audio?

if you can find the eutectic silver solders, which most are, soldering should be no problem with a 30W iron. my solder has a melting point of 150C is is a dream to work with, after i got used to it.

neutrik 1/8" connectors are either (IIRC) not made or not imported here.

hey julery, just noticed your post in the price thread. wow $70 for the HP890!?? ohmy.gif

where is this Raffles home audio?

Hey Ablaze,

Raffles its at 8, Jln Kilang Timor #02-02 Kewalram Hse. You can look for Alvin ( friendly saleman ), he quoted at $70 after bargaining from it's price tag of $81.

The place is actually a warehouse off Bukit Merah after Canon Showroom. biggrin.gif

um, not to be a wet blanket, but i believe that i've mentioned before that i can help any of you get philips products at 7-30% off the distributor's price.