Xiao_Catz

Go ES1/2 5c or Triple! help me decide

ES1/2 5c or Triple !  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hmnmm, what can i say?

Ryner is correct that the sensaphonics 2X-S is very unique and i MUST emphasis that this custom is not a everyone's taste and the price for it doesn't justify its build and technology.

Anyways, blame me for my weird taste of music pursuit, it can be somehow misleading at time. But never to worry, its another whole new experience within the dual drivers custom range.

Xiao catz: if you are to do customs, its a NO-NO to listen to people's advises. Ultimately, its your ear impression, its for your ears. So i believe that your choice for ES1 might be a good one.

-It's a good entry to customs.

-It doesn't hurt your wallet as much as the other customs.

-You will be the first owner of ES1 in SG :)

Xiao_cats: To clarify some doubts, the same amount of drivers does not mean the same sound. Westone UM2 and UE SF5 pro are both dual drivers but they sound so completely different. Each company has their own unique sound signature. It all depends on what you like.

Well I own both the ES2 and UE10pro and coming soon Sensa ( this week I think ) and I can say that the Sensa definitely does not sound the same as the ES2, they are worlds apart in terms of sound signature. When you reach this level it is not which is better but which sound signature are you looking for. My style have always been, different kit for different genres of music, this has been my style from many years back when I played with speakers. That is why I own a large variety of Headphones, IEMs, speakers and electronics.

Go for the ES1 man, than tell us how it sounds... I'm quite curious. Hehehe :D

Both ahdui and I tried the Sensa, by shoving our friend's pair into our ears for awhile (luckilly for us our ear canals are rather big)and I love the crisp highs. It is totally different sounding from the ES2. =]

Braxton : The Sensa does not perform better than the UE10 unfortunately. If you bought it because of Ahdui's review.... how should I say this...his taste is more towards the PRaT and highs, he has a unique taste in music. The Sensa loses to the 10s overall. The sensa also loses out to the ES2 in some areas. The Sensa however offers very clean and pristine sound and crispy highs extension, so if you love the etymotic ER4 with added bass (which is quite deep) and smoother mids which ahdui and I love, than the Sensa is a good choice. :D I must say that the Sensa is not for everyone, like the etymotics.

Don't worry the Sensa is a refreshing change from the ES2.

BTW, between the Sensa and ES2, I would pick the ES2 for rock,pop, dance, trance, techno, metal, etc....

Sensa for Vocals, Jazz and Acoustic.

Cheers.

it's ok,i had read reviews before i did the impression.wanna experience wearing a full silicone earmold.

must be very comfy right?somemore,it's small in size.

mmm..if you ask me to give impression for IEM,i have to admit that i don't know how to,those audio terms are too cheem for me.so you can say that it's a waste for a newbie to own custom made earmolds :lol: but at least i know that ES2 sounds clearer than UM2 :P

or should i say,if i want something,i shall go for the best,though on the expense of $$$$.

earphones/monitors i owned/own:

ibuds -> UM2 -> ES2 -> T20 -> E500 -> upcoming 2X-S

so far till now,ES2 is still the best,in terms of comfy & isolation,i prefer it's sound to E500.

so reviews to me are just references,to support the reason whether i shall order it. :party:

p.s.: there's nothing wrong for a newbie to own custom made phones right?

I was thinking of ES1 too, but thought ES2 might be a safer choice. I heard sensa cannot last very long and servicing cost like $200++... is it true?

actually i am thinking of making ES1 all along cause its unique :P

and i can use the remainding money to get a N93i, actually i ask lots of question about both ES1/2 is because i like Um1's Sq and sig but i hate Um2's

thats y i settle for Sf 5pro as my mainstream Dual drive

-ohn' date='14 Feb 2007, 10:17 AM' post='89315']

I was thinking of ES1 too, but thought ES2 might be a safer choice. I heard sensa cannot last very long and servicing cost like $200++... is it true?

i think 400+SGD.

but i guess,it's all depending on how you take care of it. :think:

it's ok,i had read reviews before i did the impression.wanna experience wearing a full silicone earmold.

must be very comfy right?somemore,it's small in size.

mmm..if you ask me to give impression for IEM,i have to admit that i don't know how to,those audio terms are too cheem for me.so you can say that it's a waste for a newbie to own custom made earmolds :lol: but at least i know that ES2 sounds clearer than UM2 :P

or should i say,if i want something,i shall go for the best,though on the expense of $$$$.

earphones/monitors i owned/own:

ibuds -> UM2 -> ES2 -> T20 -> E500 -> upcoming 2X-S

so far till now,ES2 is still the best,in terms of comfy & isolation,i prefer it's sound to E500.

so reviews to me are just references,to support the reason whether i shall order it. :party:

p.s.: there's nothing wrong for a newbie to own custom made phones right?

I think the point is not that newbies shouldn't own customs. It's more like newbies usually aren't prepared to shell out that much in the first place (e.g., yours truly).

The thing about customs is that they're too personal. And sound perception can never truly be objective. So, the only way to really find out what customs sound like is to take the plunge. And given a limited budget, it seems fair to want to go for the perceived best (so says me).

Without budget constraints though, I would gladly make a pair of every customs just to sample their sound.

yup second that if i have the money i will make UE-5/7/10 pro ES1/2/3, 2X-S juz to find out which one is the best for my ears

so now both 2X-S and UE-5c are out of the question its left with ES1/2 or triple

Edited by Xiao_Catz

yup second that if i have the money i will make UE-5/7/10 pro ES1/2/3, 2X-S juz to find out which one is the best for my ears

so now both 2X-S and UE-5c are out of the question its left with ES1/2 or triple

ES3?it costs more or less the same price range as UE10pro.somemore,it's more for on stage performance,not for pure listening.

the price difference between 2X-S & ES2 is around $150.

but normally,when you order custom,you won't pay the exact price as stated on the sites *cross finger*

most likely will either stick to these 2 cause i still got N93i to take care off

but anyway how long u will have to wait be4 the customs arrived?

Edited by Xiao_Catz

3 weeks its a long time, maybe i will be in tekong be4 they are arrived and tested :sweat:

Thing is, now, I think no one really knows for sure because ES1's are just so damn rare. People normally just jump for the ES2. Xiao_Catz started this thread to get some opinions for that.

ya as far as i know,there isn't any ES1 owner here or maybe they keep quiet only,

ES1 is just very rare or rather,no one owns it for the moment,so no comment about how it sounds.

all i know that it's the only customised single driver monitor. correct me if i am wrong.

just asking...

how does the es1 fare against the um2?

ES1 cfm won't sound so *boom* *boom* *boom* as um2 cause its single D and analytical won't be so 3D like Dual D/triple D

my guessing is that maybe ES1 will be kinda like amped im716 or Er4p

cause no one knows for sure :sweat:

i am juz guessing only :P

Edited by Xiao_Catz