Sign in to follow this  
wilbee

Sony MDR-71 in ear or Sennheisser HD497?

Maybe pay a little more for a Shure E2C?

that's more than five times as much as the ex71... ohmy.gif

Edited by adhoc

nah..

all audio equipment gets more expensive as you go up the chain and the improvement is sometimes very little yet you have to pay premium.

If you keep thinking in terms of how many times performance, then it is always best to stick with value for money headphone or something. Then you will get the most 'bang for buck'

nah..

all audio equipment gets more expensive as you go up the chain and the improvement is sometimes very little yet you have to pay premium.

If you keep thinking in terms of how many times performance, then it is always best to stick with value for money headphone or something. Then you will get the most 'bang for buck'

For cheap arses like me tongue.gif

Im still searching for my own little piece of audio nivana. i think I'll have to upgrade my cans before I'll be really happy. Or even loud speakers w00t.gif

wortel: stick to headphone.

Speaker can hardly beat headphone setup costing the same! You need to spend more for speaker.

but then again the gains with a speaker setup can be impressive!

the trick is to get a good amp that can handle both headphones and speakers. an example would be the rotel ra-02. then you have space to upgrade in the future.

after last sunday's speaker experience in tee's house..

I gotta say i am quite a 'convert' to speaker system already. I am planning my stuffs so that in the future I can move on biggrin.gif . Of course most likely I will still keep my headphone, just that maybe I need to cut down on the no. of headphones I own(out of the 2 one has to go.. or something).

Nothing like the real thing.. speaker setup has the 'artist is right infront of you' presence, with the same dimension as the real thing, unlike cans which diminish the real size tongue.gif

Just my thought tongue.gif

BTW, sorry for the off-track, but i think this thread has already served its purpose yea?