Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

Gilmore V2 se

Blind me!! I would'nt think any sound equipment designer would reveal his design to the public. I hope he has patent rights so that he can earn copyright fees for those who make use of his schematics. laugh.gif

Edited by Mackie

can anyone tell me where to find Gilmore v2 se schematic..... biggrin.gif

A Gilmore V2 SE is the same as in the Gilmore schematics but with a few adjustments and more extras.

Eg. Usage of TL07x opamps instead of OP27/37 opamps for the servo.

Multiple inputs.

Slightly different resistor values for some portions.

Blind me!! I would'nt think any sound equipment designer would reveal his design to the public. I hope he has patent rights so that he can earn copyright fees for those who make use of his schematics. laugh.gif

There're many generous designers who let people copied their design.. Besides Kelvin Gilmore, Nelson Pass is one of them. just look at all those Aleph clones being built with Nelson's blessing.

Even Jan Meier's Corda HA-1 & Analoger are available at headwize to be copied freely.

We are truely blessed. rolleyes.gif

also typically because most people lack the skill, knowledge and courage to undertake building their own amp, i dont think this has much serious impact on the bottom line of the designers.

The bigger issue is the commercial companies using their designs if they don't copyright it.

N@Z, i believe there is hardly a market for dedicated headphone amps..

just look how many major companies there are tnhat make speaker power amps and pre-amps and compare it to the number of companies making headphone amps!

Read: intellectual rights, it doesn't matter whether there is a market for it or not. Ideas can be used (wholly or in part) by others without having to do the hard work & cost of research.

the gilmore design has a preout which rivals many preamps several times its price according to some in headfi. so headamp is not just the only feature it has.

The bigger issue is the commercial companies using their designs if they don't copyright it.

Bingo! In Shenzhen, China, I've seen exact replicas of Panasonic dvd players carrying a Chinese brand name and costing much less. Of course, these are illegal bootlegs.

I think manufacturers are combining their efforts on head amps and pre-amps into one. Barraudio's fire engine and Cayin HA-1 use tubes that are prevalent in full-fledged tube pre-amps. Hence, these head amps are more than capable of being utilized in speakers rig.

Edited by Mackie