hi everyone, i just got a pair of SR-60 and currently having my K618 as my mp3 player. lately also i've just read an article on how to get the best from portable players. how to get the best frm mp3 formats???

the article stated the other alternative is to get AAC format if not WAV. AAC is unavailable for me now.

and i've tried WAV.... WAV will just terrorize the memory in my player... :unsure:

if you are looking for good sound quality,get a decent mp3 player which are able to support .flac/lossless format,like ipod 4th gen (instead of "multi tasking" source like hp,IMO). :cans:

Think you should have posted in the Portables forum, but anyways...

First off, get the LAME encoder and a player with decent output (Iaudio comes to mind).

If you're using a flash-based player, space is limited, so you'd want to use variable bitrate at maybe -V1 or -V2. There's -V0, but it should matter little if you're listening on the go.

For HDD players, 320kbps is the highest bitrate you can get, and possibly overkill. Keep in mind that higher bitrates take more space, as do WAV and FLAC, so your battery life will get affected as the hard-drive needs to spin more.

hahaha portables section?? ookai... well this is my first few times here... now saving up to get a decent portable tho... currently im usin mp3 with 256kb/s and variable bit-rate for some songs... :D

ipod 4th gen supports FLAC meh? i tot only after rockboxing then can?

I believe the iPod 4th Gen supports ALAC which is another lossless format.

Hmmm... i guess we normally'd have to pay a price for good stuffs.

high quality = huge space needed.

I guess you can either buy a new player with a bigger storage space or use relatively better compression e.g. 320kbps

Anyway, i'd recommend mp3 format because it's more "universal"

I believe the iPod 4th Gen supports ALAC which is another lossless format.

Apple Lossless sure but not FLAC like JazzMan mentioned.

yeah talk about it. mac platforms cant run flac for nuts. at least to a noob like me.

I'm sure FLAC will run on Mac, since Flac is open sourced.

It plays great on my linux anyway, so i'm pretty sure it'll work on the mac too.

yeah talk about it. mac platforms cant run flac for nuts. at least to a noob like me.

Yeah, there are many free media players/codec packs out there that will allow Flac to be played on your mac.

Just do a search ;)