ezzo

Headphone geared towards today's popular music

^ No problem. :D

L3000 is a limited edition model though.

Haha. The AD2000 is the next headphone I am aiming for (although I'll probably never ever be able to convince my mum about it, given its cost), although that's probably another story altogether.

Haha. How does it compare against W1000?

Though W1000 has a cheaper price tag and it seems to be well liked at head-fi :)

She seriously looks like she's promoting SE: more pictures of the shop than headphones. LOL!

I really doubt the reliability...

And considering the W5000 cost way more than AD2000, just hard to believe. Haha.

Edited by ezzo

Nah. What impressed me was the sheer fact that it was this that led to ASR buying his AD2000 and starting the small AD2000 FOTM trend.

Speaks loads about headphones which are not really well known - they may be every bit as good as the traditional big boys (HD650, DT880 and K701)

Yea, probably due to the fact that Audio-Technicas are hard to get in US and Europe and expensive, hence getting less attention. Certain Sony headphone are really good too.

There are many reviews on headphonereviews.org that highly rates such headphones ;)

Haha. Up to US$300. Still gonna decide on which I would get depending on the value of the headphone itself.

Btw, do you know the difference between DT880, DT880(2005), DT880 PRO and DT990(2005), DT990 PRO? The price of the version varies quite abit..

Hmm, I guess the difference between the DT880 and the DT880 (2005) would be the release year, with the 2005 model being the newer one.

Ditto for the DT990 and the DT990 (2005)

I've never tried the old DT880, although I have heard that it is much lousier than the 2005 version. I don't really like the DT880 (when un-amped), as it sounds really dry and sterile.

I had a very short session with the DT990, and found it a little underwhelming, although that was indeed a really short session with a CD I wasn't familiar with.

Hmmm, so DT880(2005) is basically DT880 PRO? I went to check Beyer's website and they only showed DT880 PRO and DT990 PRO. Rather confusing..

Gotta try them out at Jabens myself :)

Oh, btw, the high impedence of 250ohms would probably explain for why it sounded like that.

Edited by ezzo

I'm not sure about the 2005 version and the pro version.

Also, there are a few different (3, if I am not wrong) versions of it, each with a different amount of impedance.

Well, it seems like Pro versions are for Asia market and (2005) versions are for the US market.

I compared the looks, DT880 (2005) looks different from DT 880 Pro, same thing for DT990..

the Pro version has a higher head clamping force than the non. the Pro might be too tight for some but the extra clamping force gives it a different sound, some prefer it over the non-pro versions.

Edited by sghound

Thats all?? :blink:

The price difference between them is quite a lot.

DT990 2005 cost almost twice as much as DT990 Pro in US :shocking: