Sign in to follow this  
Wortel

My equalizer

yeap..

especially so when you own hi end gears..

it's just very irritating because instead of hearing the original sound of your equipment, it gets altered..

defeats the purpose of owning a new gear .. really

laugh.gif you all suck. I was kinda hoping you'd look at my EQ setting and recommend me some cans that sound like that.

hmm....but your speakers (not headphones) may sound diff in your room hence the eq is used to tweak it. For example in small room maybe it's good to down the bass and high; up the bass and highs in a large room/auditorium...of course audiophiles will actually CHANGE the room...

er...wortel, 500Hz and above is in the mid/vocal range...very important. I think you set your eq using pop/rock songs? Try classical/jazz and you'll realise the impt of the mids...

yes but i think those are not conventional EQ right?

i think Mackie has something like an EQ to "tweak" the sound to make it sound better in his listening room

snowparang: yep I know eq is sometimes used for speaker setup because it's inevitable that your room acoustic and stuffs will alter the sound.

but for headphone setup.. it's downright a no-brainer to go for eq. tongue.gif

My music is too flat when I leave the EQ alone. wacko.gif

yeah pop/rock are my main types of music. tongue.gif

too flat because you're used to it already

but when you hear, it's the more correct thing.

You saying I'm crazy? Im saying these earbuds suck. haha.gif

No.. I am telling you the truth.

Stop listening to those eq. Off it, start getting used to the 'correct and natural sound'

then only can you appreciate your music.

if you listen with eq , I bet those cmoy u're getting won't help much.The sound is different from what you're expecting to get. All the sound , no matter how grand, will be tweak according to the eq

making it sucky

I only realised that when I had 770 and creek hooked up to my pc

It'a all a matter of choice Wortel if you like it then use it what blues may be trying to say is once you have the opportunity to use better gear you will notice that you won't need eqs at all. Having said that, blues, you should realise what wortel is using (PC soundcard + earbuds brand/model?) hence his dissatisfaction on the sound is understandable. Keep it in prospective.

I thought he has AKG K501?

I used to listen out of soundcard.. laptop soundcard, even worse. But without eq-ing, it sounds much nicer actually. And yeah I am only using ksc-35 here rolleyes.gif

If you reread the 10th post , he is using the eq settings with his earbuds. If he's using it with the K501 & boosts the midrange... then he is crazy LOL!

heh Hifi and EQ don't mix. smile.gif but that's just me.

Edited by jarthel