feather

Office Headphone < $100

Hey guys, my old old Sonys are finally dead, need to get a new pair of headphones to use in the office. Don't need too expensive since I'm just plugging it into the computer / notebook.

Is ~$100 a good budget? And can you guys recommend me something. Gotta be comfortable on the ears.

Cheers. :cans:

Oh I forgot to mention the kinda music I listen. Anyway it's all MP3s, and electronic music.

Grado (colleague has an SR80) seems to be more suited to acoustic sounds?

And I use a UM2 on the move. So ideally something similar to the UM2, but in a comfy headphone form :D

as i own a grado myself i think they're good for all sorts of music, if you like the 'in you face' type of sound. Definitely worth an audition if you haven't tried your colleague's can.

You might also want to look at the audio technica a- range of headphones, with the a500 starting at less than 200 (but more than 100). I heard the a950-ltd and liked it enough but was seduced by the woody w1k. If the a500 sounds abit like the a950 i'd say they are good for electronica.

that said, considering the huge range of headphones for sale nowadays, i'd definitely try before I buy, and pay less attention to the views of others.

I have the KSC75 but somehow they never grew on me. Maybe I'm too pampered/used to my UM2 :( But I was just thinking of bringing the KSC75 into the office for a whirl :D

I recommend the Koss PortaPro. SE carries them. They're not very detailed and sound a tad heavy on the bass, but the sound is still really smooth all-round.

They're very lightweight as well, with sponges at the side of your head to add some comfort. Really leaves a nice space for people who wear glasses too ;P

And.. the price is definitely sub-100, so give it a try if it's possible ;)

Just tried the KSC75 (bought them for exercise but the clips are useless for jogs) and my colleague's SR80 ... think I prefer his SR80 :blush:

Just tried the KSC75 (bought them for exercise but the clips are useless for jogs) and my colleague's SR80 ... think I prefer his SR80 :blush:

I think not fair to compare them both, as the Grado cost a lot more. Personally, while I love the sound of Grados, I can't stand wearing them for long. My ears ache very badly after about 1-2 hours.