Sign in to follow this  
d0td0t

Where to buy RCA (chassis) and Chassis?

Hi guys.. Anyone got any good place to get female RCA (chassis mount)? I'm looking for those that mounts from the inside out. means the nut is screwed from the outside of the chassis. budget abt 5$ a pair.

And also the chassis itself.. aluminium or steel is OK. don't need to be too big. slighlty bigger then a DAC-AH would be good. More or less looking for a chassis like that of DAC-AH. anyone.

Cheers, thanks

Hi guys.. Anyone got any good place to get female RCA (chassis mount)? I'm looking for those that mounts from the inside out. means the nut is screwed from the outside of the chassis. budget abt 5$ a pair.

And also the chassis itself.. aluminium or steel is OK. don't need to be too big. slighlty bigger then a DAC-AH would be good. More or less looking for a chassis like that of DAC-AH. anyone.

Cheers, thanks

Try Well Audio for the chassis. They have a range of chassis from LiTe, so should be able to find the DAC-AH one. I've not seen RCA sockets which mount from the outside, most of them have the mounting nut inside the chassis.

Regards

CK

ic.. thanks, shall try take a look. any idea the price range? Well audio is at burlington?

as for the RCA, it looks someting like:

IPB Image

SLT has those sockets. just look out for fake gold plated ones. certain shops have them at 5 bucks each and others at just 1.50 each.. go arnd find which one you want. there are 2 shops in the basement selling only sockets and jacks...

u can also go to SLQ bytetron to check out the series of chassis they have, I uses a black rectangular one for a uniform look to my amps, that is similar to the Lite DAC-AH

ic.. thanks, shall try take a look. any idea the price range? Well audio is at burlington?

as for the RCA, it looks someting like:

IPB Image

Koba sells this. S$10 per pair. Can get small discount if you buy a lot and is a regular.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but for your own good, d0td0t. Run quick, don't ever visit this or any audio forum again. Get away before you get infected, your wallet will thank you. :lol:

Sorry ah, just joking. But seriously this hobby is not cheap. When we see people paying thousands of dollars on gear. $10 becomes very ok. I think even building a cmoy will burn you $20-30. If you count the other gear you need to buy, eg soldering iron, third hand etc. it will be more.

As Wilson of Jaben said, we will be poor but we will be happily poor. :bash:

Edited by heady

i think u should consider the rca plugs, I am speaking from the perspective of convenience.

The front mount are better when u need to tak off the stuff to troubleshoot or connect a wire that gone off somewhere on the knob or circuit board.

My SOHA which uses those ack mount types was so much of hassle when i tried to troubleshoot it. i think i have them at least a million times... hai

Heady, I tink its abit late.. I've inevitably suffered the epidemic..

$10/piece is eX when I could get it overseas for a cheaper price =) jus a comparison. And I've got myself 3 pairs of this:

IPB Image

very well build. solid too. less then $9 a pair includes shipping.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but for your own good, d0td0t. Run quick, don't ever visit this or any audio forum again. Get away before you get infected, your wallet will thank you. :lol:

Sorry ah, just joking. But seriously this hobby is not cheap. When we see people paying thousands of dollars on gear. $10 becomes very ok. I think even building a cmoy will burn you $20-30. If you count the other gear you need to buy, eg soldering iron, third hand etc. it will be more.

As Wilson of Jaben said, we will be poor but we will be happily poor. :bash:

Edited by d0td0t

Hmm, it looks really like CMC's but there aren't visible CMC markings on it.. and the packaging looks OEM to me. but the weight and feel of the build may indicate its CMC's OEM or equivalent.

Sure sounds like a China clone to me. Haha! Just like Neutrik Locking Headphone Jack-look-alike at SLT.. They just don't have the word "Neutrik" at where its supposed to be.

Sure sounds like a China clone to me. Haha! Just like Neutrik Locking Headphone Jack-look-alike at SLT.. They just don't have the word "Neutrik" at where its supposed to be.

For the price and quality, it really doesn't matter who made them.. the other sub $10 chassis rca just are horrid.. and the selection is very limited. Just something that fits my needs and budget I reckon.

Cheers