Cankin

Headamp Pico

-ohn' date='3 Jun 2008, 10:01 AM' post='100845']

What earphone or headphone are you using? I-Qube sounds hollow? Oh, and what cable were you using to audition the i-qube?

UE11 and Silver Master

UE11 and Silver Master

I think you prefer warmer music. iQube probably sounds too cold for your liking.

Anyway if you don't like it it's even better for your wallet. They are not cheap and no one in classified seems to be selling.

I think you prefer warmer music. iQube probably sounds too cold for your liking.

Anyway if you don't like it it's even better for your wallet. They are not cheap and no one in classified seems to be selling.

yeap .. i believe you are right .. personal perference for warmer music .. which could explain why i prefer the pico over the predator ..

imho, in terms of warmness

1. Pico

2. Predator

3. iQube

UE11 and Silver Master

this "hollowness" could come from the silver master. try a pure copper ic on it and it'll be a lot different.

there' no right or wrong here, just a matter of matching.

Edited by sghound

i-qube does not come close to pico or predator in sound quality.

comparing pico vs predator, it's just a matter of preference. both are extremely similar products.

pico has high-end wolfson dac in it, and a lot of people use pico as usb dac + preamp to feed home amps.

predator's sound is actually loved more by many users in head-fi. it supposedly had deeper bass and smoother sound ovreall.

however, the sq difference between pico and predator are supposed to be very very subtle.

i cannot give my own comparison b/c i only have a pico. its an amazing product, and it's so freaking tiny! after seeing so many pictures online, i knew it was tiny. but when i finally had it in my hands, all i could say was OMFG. =)

Guest dragonboy

I wouldn't say that the i-qube isn't close to the pico or predator. I'll say they are all fantastic amps but of diff characteristics. It's just your preference .... isn't it good to have more choice? I had tried both the pico and predator but felt they sound very close in characteristics before I got the i-qube. It wasn't easy since everyone was talking about the pico and predator. Simple.... always follow your ears. Not the reviews. I still love every bit with my i-qube and not likely to sell it off. That's probably the reason why there aren't much people selling the i-qube.... they must be loving every minute with the i-qube. I can only say for those who have not tried it...... It's not like any other amps you've tried. It's ultra natural..... almost transparent. :thumbup:

comparing pico vs predator, it's just a matter of preference. both are extremely similar products.

pico has high-end wolfson dac in it, and a lot of people use pico as usb dac + preamp to feed home amps.

predator's sound is actually loved more by many users in head-fi. it supposedly had deeper bass and smoother sound ovreall.

however, the sq difference between pico and predator are supposed to be very very subtle.

i cannot give my own comparison b/c i only have a pico. its an amazing product, and it's so freaking tiny! after seeing so many pictures online, i knew it was tiny. but when i finally had it in my hands, all i could say was OMFG. =)

Hi TJUMPER78, what IEMs/headphones and Source did you test these amps with?

I wouldn't say that the i-qube isn't close to the pico or predator. I'll say they are all fantastic amps but of diff characteristics. It's just your preference .... isn't it good to have more choice? I had tried both the pico and predator but felt they sound very close in characteristics before I got the i-qube. It wasn't easy since everyone was talking about the pico and predator. Simple.... always follow your ears. Not the reviews. I still love every bit with my i-qube and not likely to sell it off. That's probably the reason why there aren't much people selling the i-qube.... they must be loving every minute with the i-qube. I can only say for those who have not tried it...... It's not like any other amps you've tried. It's ultra natural..... almost transparent. :thumbup:

Well said. Though I would like to also say that the Pico and Predator are quite rare at the Sale forums as well. :P

Couldn't agree more ....

Well said. Though I would like to also say that the Pico and Predator are quite rare at the Sale forums as well. :P

Pico is probably more because most people still in waiting list :lol:

Agree predator is rare. However, people seems to be offloading their hornets. Is it that bad?

Couldn't agree more ....

Pico is probably more because most people still in waiting list :lol:

Agree predator is rare. However, people seems to be offloading their hornets. Is it that bad?

From what i read .. the Predator is 1 setep higher then Hornet

my findings are the exact opposite to yours with regards to the iQube. it's easily better than the pico/predator with top IEMS like Shure 530/Westone UM2. it really is more transparent and natural than the other 2. use a good source playing back FLAC and the better differences is as clear as rain.

i agree with you on the diff between the pico & pred. and i'll take the pico over the pred anyday due to the pathetic burning-in issue of the pred.

my source was computer(winamp + asio) -> keces da-151 -(via diy rca to mini cable)> pico/iqube -> hd650, ms2, dt990 250ohm, altec im716, mylarone x3.

i guess i shouldnt have said iqube was not close to pico/predator. it was the opposite of my idea of choosing pico and predator a preference. i worded it wrong since i preferred the sound of pico over i-qube's.

but the i only played with the i-qube for only 2 days. maybe i shouldve given it more chance.

anyway, the waiting time for pico sucks big time. i ordered mine in february and received it in late may. =(

if youre gonna order one, keep that in mind.

happy listening!

my source was computer(winamp + asio) -> keces da-151 -(via diy rca to mini cable)> pico/iqube -> hd650, ms2, dt990 250ohm, altec im716, mylarone x3.

i guess i shouldnt have said iqube was not close to pico/predator. it was the opposite of my idea of choosing pico and predator a preference. i worded it wrong since i preferred the sound of pico over i-qube's.

but the i only played with the i-qube for only 2 days. maybe i shouldve given it more chance.

anyway, the waiting time for pico sucks big time. i ordered mine in february and received it in late may. =(

happy listening!

OH MAN ! .. That's 3 MONTH WAIT !!

Guest dragonboy

happy listening!

Doesn't really bother me, coz it didn't impress me in the first place. :smoke:

i'm still waiting for mine! ordered them in mid-april

no way ... no wonder justin is avoiding all questions on the pico's ETA ... sheeezhh ..