Cankin

Headamp Pico

well he's a busy man!

well, that doesnt give him the excuses for ignoring the customers' emails.

lots of people on head-fi complain about headamp's communication issues but it seems like justin does not care much, and people simply give up on it. during the 3+ months of waiting time, i sent several emails/messages to justin but none were answered. the only email i've ever received from him was when he was requesting the payment.

my pico had a slight problem (battery being loose and moving around inside. the unit was functioning fine tho). i posted it on head-fi forums, justin saw it, told me to send it back to him. he received it on monday, and i sent him 2 messages asking how soon i could expect the repair/return. no responses as of yet. it's thursday afternoon right now. =(

i am getting quite worried. 3 months of waiting time was quite enough. now i dont even know how soon my pico will be repaired and come back to me.

pico is an extraordinary product. however, if you prefer a great communication and short waiting period (or none at all), try the predator. a lot of people actually prefer predator over pico when it comes to the sound quality. or meier audio's corda 2move is a similar product for a lot less money. or go-vibe petetie usb for even less money.

just my 2.1 cents.

lots of people on head-fi complain about headamp's communication issues but it seems like justin does not care much, and people simply give up on it. during the 3+ months of waiting time, i sent several emails/messages to justin but none were answered. the only email i've ever received from him was when he was requesting the payment.

pico is an extraordinary product. however, if you prefer a great communication and short waiting period (or none at all), try the predator. a lot of people actually prefer predator over pico when it comes to the sound quality. or meier audio's corda 2move is a similar product for a lot less money. or go-vibe petetie usb for even less money.

just my 2.1 cents.

Haha .. you know Justin is reading the threads, he is just replying the emails selectively based on what he wants to answer I guess .. and for some reason, he doesn't seem interested in replying emails regarding order ETAs and stuff like that. But he is very willing to answer any technical questions though.

If i remember correctly, Justin is running Headamp by himself, maybe that explains why .. i do agree that if you find the customer service not up to par . .. put your hard earn cash somewhere else then .. like RSA ? :)

Guest dragonboy

my pico had a slight problem (battery being loose and moving around inside. the unit was functioning fine tho). i posted it on head-fi forums, justin saw it, told me to send it back to him. he received it on monday, and i sent him 2 messages asking how soon i could expect the repair/return. no responses as of yet. it's thursday afternoon right now. =(

i am getting quite worried. 3 months of waiting time was quite enough. now i dont even know how soon my pico will be repaired and come back to me.

just my 2.1 cents.

I've nothing against the Go-vibe, but my own humble opinion, they aren't any close to the pico. Not even the Magnum..... Bass control was sluggish. Vocals sounded too metallic.

When i was in Jaben trying out hornet, pico and magnun. Magnum didnt even last me 15min and i returned back to Gabriel. Doesn't impress me at all sounds v ordinary.

When i was in Jaben trying out hornet, pico and magnun. Magnum didnt even last me 15min and i returned back to Gabriel. Doesn't impress me at all sounds v ordinary.

it figures. btw what's the price diff between the 3 amps?

it figures. btw what's the price diff between the 3 amps?

Pico - local price unknown yet (but i was quoted to expect quite high by one of jaben guys)

Hornet - slightly > 600

Magnum - not sure also didnt bother to ask :grin:

Pico - local price unknown yet (but i was quoted to expect quite high by one of jaben guys)

Hornet - slightly > 600

Magnum - not sure also didnt bother to ask :grin:

magnum - > 400

Edited by Darkkopi

I thought the magnum is 5ish?

A PICO straight from HeadAmp is only SGD$457 with today's credit card exchange rate. Pretty good deal IMO, the most refined amp in its price range.

I thought the magnum is 5ish?

A PICO straight from HeadAmp is only SGD$457 with today's credit card exchange rate. Pretty good deal IMO, the most refined amp in its price range.

but the wait time is 2-3 months! and the pico dac is very good some same better than iMod

fast becoming like the legendary XIN.

Received my Pico DAC Sep last year but hardly use it as I did not get a good ear phone to match it. Since I don't have a system now, thinking of buying something suitable. Any Pico users here care to share their choice of phone?

I used the pico with my shure 5E, yuin ok1, and ed9... there bass improvements and the mids were smoother, no much difference in the highs though. Comparing with the mustang, the mustang does everything better than the pico and is smaller in size but more expensive

I used the pico with my shure 5E, yuin ok1, and ed9... there bass improvements and the mids were smoother, no much difference in the highs though. Comparing with the mustang, the mustang does everything better than the pico and is smaller in size but more expensive

Not really, for one, the Pico has a DAC, and for another, the Pico does a better job driving headphones with higher power requirements, though of course nobody in the right mind will get a portable amp for such a can, so this point is pretty moot, and its basically your own preference.