lengcm

Mackie's Plug....

hmm blues same here .. i so tired that i fall asleep while listening !! sorry that i did not infrom you that i not coming !! hammer.gif

Does resistor quality or RCA quality matter here? Afterall it's termination right and not trying to retrive as much of a signal as possible. I guess the resistor might matter as silver band ones may be too off the 75 ohm mark.

Anyways, in case some of you guys are sceptical on this one do note that even on the old telephone wire computer network "open" stations are terminated with the RJ47 with resistor (is it RJ 47? - u know the telephone plug). Sigh getting old.

RJ-11 for the telephone, IIRC. A good resistor measured at exactly 75ohms should be best for reducing any possibility of the signal bouncing back at an ill-designed coxial digital output.

happy.gif Ok today at mackie's house i got to try out his speaker setup ..... using EMC1 ..player .. so during one song ( sorry can't remember the name ) at certain point .. mackie would remove the plug and ask me the differents ( note that i do not know when he remove the plug ) it really sounded different with the plug on, the music sound nicer sweet ... noise is remove and clearer !!! wahah ... lucky i got one !!! wub.giflaugh.gif

Edit: if my impressions is wrong !! w00t.giflol.gifhammer.gif

hm.... lucky you!

Now you can have the luxury of full-fledged cdps..

while I live with my iriver slimx -> etys... (sound horrible after being pampered by my home system blush.gif ) hammer.gifhammer.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

The Plug is meant to be connected to a digital output.

New Type, I was equally surprised that U are able to discern the difference. The experiment was conducted in total darkness and in irregular order on both occasions. And U hit the jackpot twice. ** applause **

Btw, I conducted each session termed as A/B on two different occasions. I also mixed the order of having the plug connected and removed. I only asked for his preferred sessions after the music had stopped and so there was absolutely no prompting from me.

Edited by Mackie

N3w_Typ3 is beginning to learn alot w00t.gifw00t.gif

I reckon he will grow up to be a hardcore audiophile., no? tongue.gif

maybe .. but i must thanks all the people here cos you all are my teachers !!!! esp blues , mackie , N@Z , fu wen , Tee and more etc etc wub.gifwub.giflaugh.gifhappy.gif

"N3w_Typ3, The One With The Golden Ears" tongue.gifwink.gif

NO la i don't have !!! beer.gif

Hmm... I own a Yamaha CDX 1050. I'm able to turn off the digital out on the back. Just a small little switch smile.gif I wonder if I will note the difference when I turn it on again... Never did that before wink.gif

happy.gif well try it then ... tell us what the different !! ok !!! but i guess mackie's would make a bigger difference wub.giflaugh.gif

Hmm... I own a Yamaha CDX 1050. I'm able to turn off the digital out on the back. Just a small little switch smile.gif I wonder if I will note the difference when I turn it on again... Never did that before wink.gif

Cool! Just like my old Pioneer PD9700. It is able to deactivate either digital or analogue output. It's a decade old habit of mine to "switch off" the digital output of this cdp as it's not connected to a dac.